Delinquent - Chapter 17

The conversation between Chelsea and I was suddenly interrupted by the doorbell.

“Guess that’s him.” I told Chelsea. She nodded and we both walked towards the door. I got to it first and opened it to find Noah standing there. He was looking pretty hot tonight. His dreadlocks spilled over his shoulder and its blonde color gave it a nice glow. He was wearing a red button up sleeve shirt that fit him rather well. His dark jeans he had on matched the shirt perfectly.

“Good evening ladies, are you ready for a night of fun?” I rolled my eyes at him, but nodded anyway. I wanted to see where he was taking us. Hopefully he was taking us somewhere outrageous like bungee jumping. It was all over reality shows, but it was stupid of me to even think he’d do that anyway. That stuff never happened. Chelsea suddenly slipped out of the door and into the night. Wow, she was anxious. I pulled up the door and stepped out myself, my arm pulling it closed behind my back. In the process I walked right into Noah, who hadn’t done what a normal person would do and back away to give me space. I was about to form some sort of insult when I caught a scent of his cologne. He smelled so good.

“Do I smell good?” I blushed slightly when I realized he caught me leaning into him to get a better smell.

“Of course not…you smell like ass.” I lied. He smiled.

“Well, let’s get going while the night is young.” We started walking over to his car, which was in the driveway. I was heading to the passenger side when I realized that Chelsea was already holding the handle to sit in the front.

“Shot gun.” She called sticking out her tongue.

“No, I get shot gun, I’m the one who saved his life!” Chelsea was about to say something back when Noah interrupted.

“Ladies, ladies, no need to fight. Both of you sit in the front.” That shut us right up. Chelsea climbed into the car first and I followed her. The engine started right away and Noah peeled out of the driveway, and turned down the street. We ended up at Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants a couple minutes later. I guess Noah wasn’t so bad after all. He cut off the engine and quickly got out of the car, opening the door for Chelsea and I. He smirked as we got out. I punched him in his gut before I could even stop myself.

“You have a pretty mean punch.” He said holding his stomach as he closed the door. “To what did I owe that?”

“Stop smirking like you know something we don’t.” I said smiling, not sorry about punching him any longer. Noah didn’t respond as we started walking towards the doors of the restaurant, which was facing an opposite way of the direction. Once we turned the corner we saw a line so long it reached into the parking lot. I forgot that it was Saturday night. Olive Garden was always packed on the weekends, especially on Saturday’s. I sighed and stopped walking towards the doors. There was no point in even trying to get an estimate on how long the wait would be. It would be two and a half hours at the very least. Noah apparently had the same idea as I did because he started steering Chelsea and I in the direction of the car.

We all piled into the car and sat there for a couple minutes. I was staring down at my hands, hitting my thumbs together in a bored manner. What were we going to do now? I was really looking forward to having some Olive Garden; or at least something to eat. I wasn’t at first because it was a surprise but now I was hungry. I heard Chelsea sigh loudly beside me. It was one of those sighs that I could tell she wanted me to look at her, or at something else. I turned my head towards her and she was gesturing towards Noah who was playing with his fun. So we were guests in his car and we were bored, but he was playing a game?

“Ahem.” I coughed loudly to get his attention. Noah looked up suddenly and smiled. I rolled my eyes. “So, where to now? I hope you had something else planned…”