Delinquent - Chapter 20

"Damn it," I muttered under my breath as I looked at my phone. I had completely lost track of time. I was supposed to go to a party with Noah, Chelsea, Caleb, and Paul. I turned my phone light off and looked at Chase who was next to me. He was totally into the movie. Eh, what was the point in leaving now? We had spent the whole evening together, and it had been fun. I wasn't ready for it to be over yet. I grabbed my phone to text Chelsea that she could go ahead without me to the party. I slid my phone back into my pocket and got back into the movie just in time to see a car blow up. Wow, what had I missed?

"That movie was awesome." Chase said as we walked out of the theater doors. I nodded. "I'm surprised you wanted to see it."

"Why?" I asked turning my head towards him quickly.

"Usually girls don't like movies like that." he tossed his cup from the theater into a garbage can nearby. "So, what do you want to do?" he asked me.

"Make out." I joked. Chase laughed.

"Yeah, I'd love to." Chase stopped walking and pulled me into him aggressively. He pressed his lips against mine and tangled his fingers in my hair. He pulled away after about three seconds and left me unable to even think. I stared at Chase blankly. I was so confused. Earlier in the day he told me that he didn't think we'd make it as a couple so he thought we were better off being friends. He also said that Paul was in love with me, and he wasn't going to try anything because Paul was his friend. But now he had just kissed me...like that? It wasn't a normal kiss either...it was an "I want you" type of kiss. Wait, he was lying earlier. That had to explain it. Paul wasn't in love with me; Chase just wanted me to get distracted so I wouldn't be expecting him to come onto me. Clever. Very, very clever. I had to give him some credit. I put my hand behind his neck and pulled him closer to me, touching his lips lightly with mine.

"Let's go have some drinks at my place." Chase whispered in between kisses. He didn't wait for me to answer. He just grasped a hold of my hand and started walking towards his car. He opened and closed my door for me and got into the driver's seat. The engine roared and he pulled off.

I had never been to Chase's house before, so when I saw that his house was more like a mansion, I nearly freaked. "Chase, what do your parents do?" I asked him as he turned off the car.

"Umm, they're lawyers."

"They must be good lawyers."

"They are. They've never lost a case; neither one of them."

"Impressive. Are you going to be a lawyer too?" Chase shrugged as he got out of the car and came to my side of the car to open my door. We started walking towards the mansion, which had lights conveniently placed around it lighting up the amazing green lawn although winter was on its way. It was a nice sized lawn, and from what I saw it looked like it was beautiful while the sun was out, especially in the summer.

Chase and I stepped up onto the porch and he opened the door into the quiet house. There were a couple of lights on, but it didn't look like anyone was home. It was too quiet for that. Chase closed the door behind us and headed straight into a different room, which I followed him into. When I got into the room that he was in, I saw him open a cabinet and take two liquor bottles out. He walked over to me, smiling. "Up to my room." He said as if I knew where that was. "Close that please." He said referring to the cabinet which he had left open. I shook my head. What if he had left it open and didn't bother to tell me to close it? We would be like those high school kids in movies where the parents found out the kids were drinking and we'd be grounded. I walked over to the cabinet and closed it quietly as if someone could hear me close it. I followed Chase up the stairs, which were a mixture of white and gold on the handling. The stairs looked like they were made of marble. Chase suddenly came to a stop in front of a door and motioned for me to open it. I shifted around him and opened the door, pushing it open and walking into the dark room. I felt along the wall for a light switch, but couldn't find one. When I was about to give up light filled the room. The rooms had red walls and a tan carpet. A red and black bed was over in a corner that had a mirror ceiling above it. I smiled.