He squeezed Honey. "Do you know what happened to my parents?"

Ame didn't look like she was looking at him anymore.

His electricity pooled in his cheeks. "You do know something, don't you? You have to! That Lock was right, wasn't he?"

"Alastair." Ame pressed her palms into his shoulders. "I couldn't understand a word you just said."

Had Hannah given him another word to talk about his parents? If she did, he couldn't remember. That would have been nice in this moment. He didn't know what else to tell Ame.

Ame held out a pen, but he pushed it away. People other than his family could almost never read what he wrote, so he didn't expect her to. Especially with how his hand was now.

"Try again." She smiled. "Just take it slow."

His hands were shaking. "You know, don't you?"

"Know what?"

"What happened to my parents." Honey licked his cheek. "About the brakes."

Ame stiffened up. She was noticeably pale. "How did you find out?"

He didn't feel like telling her. What would be the point if she didn't take him seriously?

"Collin!" Cyan yelled, peering down the hallow.

"You made it!" Ame grinned. "Now, take this boy home. I have to go back to figuring out what's going on with him. Thankfully, Maggie gave me the scan she did when he was sick.

Alastair frowned as he scooted out of the tree. Why? She didn't care about him.

Cyan offered Alastair her hand and smiled. "Let's go home."

He wiped his eyes and nodded.

"Are you crying?"

"No! I just got dirt into my eye!"

Cyan laughed. "What a Maggie-like response." She took his hand and lead him away. It reminded him of when Vi would take him to the store. He saw her a few weeks ago, but he already missed her.

Star opened his eyes. He especially missed her waffles.

His face flushed as his stomach grumbled.

"You're hungry?" Cyan smiled. "Is there anything special you'd like to eat? You haven't had a proper breakfast yet."

"Waffles..."

"Let's let Honey walk," Cyan said as she put the puppy on the ground. "I think she'll enjoy it."

Honey happily barked at Cyan.

***

When they got home, Alastair kicked his shoes off. His head was aching again.

She pointed to the couch. "Take it easy. I'll get your waffles, alright?"

Alastair's terminal turned on. "En is calling you, Master."

"Please answer it."

"Hey, Atty," En said, "Noah wants to talk to you."

"I miss you..." the little boy said.

Alastair smiled. "I miss you, too, Cub."

"Did we wake you up?" Noah asked.

"No, I was awake." Alastair furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"

"You sound tired..."

He smiled. "My head hurts, but I'm okay."

"I wish I was there to make you feel better..."

"I have a puppy for a teddy bear."

"A puppy?" Noah asked.

Alastair pulled Honey into his lap. "Her name is Honey!"

Noah laughed. "Will you take a picture of her?"

"Uh..." How could he do that with one hand?

His eyes lit up. "Ramona, take a picture of Honey."

The screen detached from the terminal. There was a flash and a click.

He then texted the picture to En.

"Oh, yeah. Ame took me to a place called Degaro! They had bears. Sorry I couldn't get you one."

Noah giggled. "That's okay." There was a pause. "Oh, yeah! I saw some cats that reminded me of you!"

The pictures came in through the terminal. They were all of fat cats sleeping.

Alastair said, "Noah..."

"They were all lazy too!" En called out.

Electricity pooled in Alastair's cheeks. "I'm not lazy!"

"Oh, yeah?" En asked. "Why aren't you done with your mission yet? Noah's been worried sick about you."

"En too!" Noah said.

"I haven't!"

Noah sighed. "Ask the puppy for a kiss for me."

Honey licked his cheek.

"Why haven't you been working?" En asked.

"My head hurts and my arm is broken... I can't work..."

Noah gasped. "Ehh? You hurt your arm?"

"You went ahead and hurt yourself first thing, didn't you, Bonehead?" En shouted.

"En..."

"Shut up! You know nothing!" Alastair hung up.

Alastair pulled Honey into his arms and buried his face into her fur, soaking it. Why wasn't En working? He was the genius, meanwhile, he was the failure who could never amount to anything.

***

Part 2!

Thoughts? Theories? Predictions?

~Shino out!