[5] Misunderstandings

Her dull, yellow eyes trailed over to the people in the practice arena. They stop for a few minutes when they land on a certain blonde, remembering their encounter in the morning.

"Greetings Lord Soo Won."

"Greetings Crown Princess."

"May I know what did I do, to owe the pleasure of meeting you this fine morning?" She raised her brow.

"If I may speak, may we talk..... somewhere, more, private?" He hesitated.

"Sure."

As they entered Soo Won's private quarters, she narrowed her eyes.

"What is the meaning of this? Lord Soo Won."

"Rue, do you remember the letter I sent you?"

"I do but I can not return your feelings." She would not apologize. She had nothing to be sorry for.

"Rue, please think about it at least." He sighed.

"I am sorry, Soo Won. I do not see you in that manner."

"Why? Why will you not see me as someone who truly cares for you? For once, answer me, please, Rue." He begged, his eyes glimmering.

"I refuse. Why must you be so adamant?" She sighed, a hand on her face in frustration.

"Why?" He asked in despair.

"Because I can not bring myself to love you. I can not love anyone." Rue glared.

Her eyes widened, when she realised, what she had said. She took small steps behind after her words registered in her head.

"Rue?" Soo Won, softly asked, still shocked from her earlier confession.

"Lord Soo-Won. From now on, do not corner me like that. Or else the consequences will be dire." With that Rue was about to leave the room, until, she felt her back hitting the wall, and a pair of lips on her own. Her eyes widened, as she was still in shock.

Soo Won on the other hand, had his eyes closed, Rue's wrist in one hand and another hand cupping her jaw.

She finally recovered from her moment of shock, and slapped him harshly. She gasped and tried to stabilize her breathing.

Soo Won, who, on the other hand, had a red mark on his face, was flustered and embarrassed.

"Never do that again, Lord Soo-Won."

With that she left a humiliated Soo Won. His eyes dark as he began to curse himself for forcing himself upon her like that. This was not how he was raised. This was not what a noble does.

||♪||

She jumped off the roof, and landed beside her Father and sister, and scaring them. Before beckoning, Min-Soo, to follow her.

Min-Soo helped her get on her horse and handed her, her bow and arrow. As Hak and Soo Won were practicing, she hit an arrow which broke Hak's, and embedded itself in his one.

"Rue."

"Plank."

This caused Hak to have a dagger thrown at him, and him barely dodging it.

"Hmm. Somehow I missed it, next time it may not miss. Right, General Sea Weed?" She smirked. Rue could usually keep her composure but around Hak it just seemed to break. He reminded her so much of someone that it was almost uncanny.