[5] Misunderstandings

ابدأ من البداية

"Ha.... Is that so? Well, let us see your highness, the plank, try to defeat me." He smirked. But his eyes somehow trailed to her chest, and he gulped.

"Now, that I think about. You are not a plank anymore, but melons." He grinned.

"Oh? Is that so?" Even though she seemed calmed and was smiling, you could her twitching figure, and a dark, evil background.

"You know, I might just end you now. General Sea Weed!" She lunged at him, as Min-Soo, barely, held her back.

"Lemme at him! Let me at that Sea Weed!" She thrashed and squirmed. Poor Min-Soo, sweat dropped at her.

How can anyone believe that she is the same person from yesterday?

Hak and Rue laughed and chuckled as they bickered. It had been awhile since they had time like this.

"Hey Rue? I missed you." Hak smiled

"Is that so? I also missed you."

"Liar, I can see your blank gaze." He glared.

"You must be seeing things." She chuckled.

"Sure Melons." And began the war again.

However, while those two were bickering, a certain blonde approached the princess and her father.

"Father! I also want to do archery!" She yelled with a determined look, her eyes sparkling.

"Now, I'm sorry but I can't let you. Even I didn't want them to do the same." He scratched his neck nervously.

"Then you do it." She remarked.

"No. I might hurt myself." Il played with his fingers nervously.

"You are just a coward King, Father!" She grumbled.

"Uh-" "Soo Won!"

The old man's eyes narrowed at his nephew.

"Yona. You wanna ride with me?" He asked extending his hand.

"Yeah!"

As Hak helps Yona to Soo Won's horse, he grumbles.

"General Hak is gonna die under the Princess's weight!"

"Quiet knave!" Yona said with a glare.

"Yona, you like horses right?" Soo-Won said with a smile.

With that Yona was on the horse with Soo-Won, while Hak stood beside them. They laughed and chuckled.

Rue looked at the trio, with Min-Soo by her side, her hand clenching the arrow tip. Min-Soo looked at Rue, and was saddened to see the soft, sad look on her.

"Princess, shouldn't you join them?" Min-Soo tried, to make her smile.

"No." Her firm answer made him look at her questioningly.

"Don't you get it Min-Soo? Unlike Yona, I don't have a place in their little world. I am not someone who should intrude upon a world that is foreign to me. And beside, I have lived a good portion of my life trying to best others just to be accepted." She smiled. "I am happy, like this, not having to work to make myself worthy."

Min-Soo felt his heart ache her words. His eyes darkened as he asked her a question.

"But are you truly happy?"

"Maybe, not now but I was. And I will be. After all, mortal life only can be miserable for so long." Her voice so soft and raw, as if she would break. Her eyes never faltered from the kindness that Min-Soo saw her grow up with.