Ardour

Eddy P.O.V.

My eyes flutter open as I feel Brett move away from me. I reach for him, pulling him back to my side. He laughs softly, quickly moving to straddle me.

"I was going to prepare some breakfast." He leans forward and runs his hands along my torso, "But if you're hungry for something else..." his hands slide under my shirt.

I let myself moan from the teasing, but I don't allow my body to give in, "I just want you to stay a little longer. It's a cold morning."

His fingers find my collarbones and he traces them slowly, making me take in a sharp breath, "I know what I can do to make you feel warmer..." he whispered, his lips moving on mine – the kind of kiss that isn't really a kiss.

I wait for him to lean even closer before I roll, making him lie on his back. He looks up at me with eyes glowing, "I'm guessing..." his legs wrap around my waist and my senses are quickly dulled by his body heat, "We won't be having breakfast at all?"

I smile before kissing him, slowly and carefully. I feel him grind against me and I can't help but move with him. My mind rushes to all the things I wish we had done last night, if it hadn't been too cold for Brett.

As he pulls me down to deepen the kiss, our doorbell rings. I quickly pull away and try to catch my breath.

Brett looks beautiful as he weakly tries to take deep breaths, his legs releasing my body. He props himself up before laughing softly, "I think... the repairman is here." He cleared his throat, rolling to his side, "For the heater..."

I take in a deep breath, thankful that we weren't already doing more than just kissing. I give Brett a quick kiss before standing up, "Well... the sooner he finishes, the sooner we can go back to what we were doing."

A tiny laugh escaped Brett, "Yeah. Guess we don't have anything else we have to do today, huh?" He stands up then, taking my hand and pulling me out of our bedroom.

He walks over to the electric baseboard heater that seemed to be malfunctioning, "I'll wait here."

I nod, "Alright."

The doorbell rang again, "Yeah, I'm coming." I call out as I approach our front door. I quickly open the door and see a relatively attractive man.

I already had a bad feeling about him, because of the way he was smiling at me.

It didn't help that this man looks Korean, and has bright hazel eyes – traits that make Brett feel inferior. I wanted to tell the man to leave, but Brett hates having to deal with the cold. So it would be mean to postpone the repair of our heater.

"Hey, mister Yang?" the man asked, extending his hand for a handshake.

I shake his hand briefly, "Chen." I clear my throat, "Yang is my partner."

A mischievous smirk painted his lips and I couldn't help but cringe inside, "I see. Well, why don't you show me that heater? I wouldn't want to keep your partner waiting."

I turn away and quietly lead him to the living room, where Brett was hovering over the heater.

The repairman quickly made his way to Brett, extending his hand, "Mister Yang?"

Brett turned to face the man, a reluctant smile on his face, "Yeah, that's me." He shook the man's hand before turning back to the heater, "I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with it. I tried turning it on last night... And well, it doesn't seem to be radiating heat whatsoever."

I move to Brett's side, eyeing the repairman who was also eyeing me, "It was working fine the past few nights, except last night."

The repairman still had that smirk on his lips and I felt unnerved, "Well... I'll see what I can do." He crouched, examining the heater, "Have you tried anything at all to get it to work?"