Resolution

Brett P.O.V.

"One month. That's a long time to bottle things up, don't you think?" Ray pointed out, stifling a yawn.

I roll my eyes and groan at him, "Shut up Ray. I've held it in forever, why should I say anything now?"

Ray shrugged, "Because you want to? I don't know..." he finally let the yawn go, "All I know is that your last few performances were pretty awful. I just think your career will suffer if you don't get this out of the way."

He had a point. There's a reason why we've become such good friends over the years. He was just like Eddy – except that my feelings for Eddy go beyond what's normal for best friends.

"Look, I don't want to pressure you or anything. But you should hear it from someone you trust. You do trust me, don't you?" Ray said, nudging at me with his elbow.

I nodded, "Yes, of course. And you're right. Who's ever heard of a world-class soloist getting shaky bow while performing? I'm becoming pathetic."

Ray laughed and slapped my back, "Get over yourself. Do yourself a favor and just get this off your chest already. When I see you in London next month, I want to hear how you confessed, not how you bailed out. You owe it to him, and more importantly, you owe it to yourself."

My phone buzzed, it was Eddy calling. I hold up a finger to tell Ray I needed to answer the call.

"Are you inside?" Eddy asked, sounding a little worried.

I sighed, "Yeah. But I'll head out soon, just wait for me."

"Oh. Oh okay. Don't you need help with your luggage?"

"I can handle it." I replied before abruptly hanging up, Ray was making faces at me. "Stop that." I said, standing up.

Ray laughed softly, standing up as well, "Prince charming is here for you, then?"

I push him away with little to no force, "Shut up. What about you, don't you want to catch a ride with us?"

He shook his head, "I should be fine. Enjoy your short break. Your next tour's going to be hectic. You might not be home for at least another year, if things go well."

I sighed, "Yeah. Well, I'll see you when I see you, I guess." We hug briefly before I leave.

Just like every vacation I take, I'm excited and nervous. Excited to be spending time with Eddy, and possibly some other friends; and nervous about accidentally wearing my heart on my sleeve.

Right after Uni, I was fortunate enough to be offered a chance to tour the US for a year. It was unreal. What was even more unreal was right after that tour, I was offered to have a solo tour around Europe. 

For five years, with very short breaks, I've been constantly on the road. I needed to take whatever opportunity was offered to me so that I don't fall back to being a concert master.

Eddy took a different path. In his final year of Uni, which was my first year touring, he started a YouTube channel. He made videos about violin basics, and tips on how to improve one's violin playing. The more videos he posted, the more I found it necessary to promote his content through social media.

With my gradual success in my career, my influence eventually started having an insane impact on Eddy's YouTube channel. By my third year touring, Eddy's gained over a million subscribers. The last time I checked, he has well over five million now.

Needless to say, we have very different lives. But still, lives that are intertwined because of our mutual claim that we're each other's best friend.