I'll Do It

"So the papers say that the guy with dark hair is a border collie."

Bingo.

"He's born 1994 and his name is Jung Hoseok."

The border collie hybrid named Hoseok seemed to perk up when Namjoon talked about him.

"The one with light hair is born 1993 and his name is Min Yoongi."

You looked at Yoongi and saw that he was looking down at the ground.

Both of the hybrids were wearing black hoodies and black jeans, though Hoseok seemed to be wearing loose-fitting jeans and Yoongi wearing tighter jeans. They were both wearing black shoes, they looked like sneakers of some sort but because of how dirty they were you couldn't really tell. Their shoes wasn't the only thing that was dirty but also their clothes, it looked like their pants were covered in dry mud and their hoodies too.

"Y/N, what do you say about this?"

"About what?"

"Adopting them."

"Namjoon... What about Jungkook? I'm not sure he would like it."

"Well, then you can adopt them both."

You looked at Namjoon not believing what he was suggesting. The more you looked at him made you wish you had never came to the shelter and helped him.
Namjoon suddenly started to smile and you looked at him confused.

"I'm kidding!"

Still, you looked at him confused not understanding what he was on about.

"I talked to Kookie before you arrived, he's fine with it!"

You looked at Namjoon and then back at the two hybrids. Did they even know how to speak? Were they that feral that they had forgotten? They didn't really react much to what you were saying so you didn't know what to think.

"Namjoon, can they speak?" you half whispered.

"I don't know, but I guess we'll find out."

Namjoon walked up to his desk while you remained standing at the same place while looking at the hybrids.

"So you'll do it right?"

"Do what?"

"Adopt one of them." Namjoon came back with papers in his hand and looked at you in the eyes.
"Please... I don't know what else to do if not this."

"I'll do it."

Namjoon smiled widely and handed you the papers he was holding.

"Which one?"

The papers handed over to you were now in your hands and you looked through them carefully. They were adoption papers for the hybrids and you had to choose between the dalmatian and the border collie. You didn't really know what to choose, but not only was Hoseok a little scary looking, but he was also the same age as Namjoon, while Yoongi was the same age as you. So you let age decide this one.

You looked at the hybrids and handed Namjoon over the adoption paper for Hoseok while you kept Yoongi's adoption paper in your hand.

Both you and Namjoon walked over to his desk and signed the papers making you the official owner for Min Yoongi; the dalmatian hybrid.
You didn't expect to adopt a hybrid... ever, but you just proved yourself wrong.
It was just like when you said, 'No more dogs after Pluto!' and then you adopted Happie.

While the hybrids just sat at the same place with the same expressions on their face, Namjoon gave you a bag with his clothes. Apparently he always had extra clothes in his office in case the ones he had while working got dirty. It had happened once or twice he explained, usually when taking the dogs out on walks in the forest; especially after it had rained.