134340: Pluto

You had been working with Killer for a few days now and everything was going great. There was a lot of achievements made and if everything was going in this direction from now on, you would be able to make a profile for him and find possible adopters. 

It was the time of the day where you did mental exercise with Killer and as usual you were in a small room with only four walls as an entertainment. 

"Okay little buddy, let's practice some easy stuff to see what a good boy you are!" you said with that voice you use only for animals and babies.  

You were sat on the floor with your legs crossed; right in front of you the German shepherd were standing on his four legs.   

You held dog treats for Killer in your left hand which was closed, and you had a few toys behind you. 

As you practiced sit, lay, paw, high five and more, you gave him a treat every time he did as told. Killer was a good boy, he was so cute and innocent, but unfortunately he ended up in the wrong hands. 

Your session was soon over and a sadness fell over the room. Killer could feel it as well, you were sure. He laid down his head in your lap and looked up at you as you looked down at him.

"I love you so~ much! And I promise to find you a new home. I promise... " 

Killers eyes closed as he relaxed when you pet his fur. 

"The people that are calling you aggressive and mean are the once that fit into the description better than you. Besides, you were born to be seen that way... why else would someone name a puppy Killer... I'll give you a new name, more fitting name, you need one anyways since if we make your profile we don't want you to come of as scary. So what's a good name?" Your tone was more serious as you talked, the animal and baby voice long gone. 

But what would be his name?

Should you name him something human like? 

Max, Cody, Eric, Frank, Zack, Oliver.

Maybe you should name him like a character or a famous person, like Itachi.

Picasso, Yoshi, Bingo, Bolt, Zero, Stitch.

Whatever you were going to name him it had to be done on another day since the session with Killer was over and this was your last day at the shelter before your vacation that would last the whole upcoming week. 

Your day at the shelter was over and you were on your way home to sleep and do nothing more... Well, that's what you wanted, but of course, you were a dog owner. 

As soon as you were opening the door to your house, Itachi was there with a leash in his mouth. You weren't going to sleep now, you were going on a walk instead; that's what Itachi had decided. 

The sky had gotten darker and you were cuddled up in your bed with blankets around you, a dog on your side and a laptop in you lap.

"Itachi, there's a German Shepherd called Killer at work. I'm gonna give him a new name. You will help me find a name right?" you said to your Labrador who just looked uninterested in whatever you were doing.

"Fine, I'll just find a name myself, so you can just sleep as much as you want. But let me tell you this, when I find a name for him, I won't care if you don't like it, since you didn't care to help me from the start."

It definitely would have looked weird to some people that you were talking to your dog. But what can you do when you're a lonely person who has gotten a living creature to talk to, even though they didn't really respond.

With your laptop you searched on the internet for dog names that may be fitting for the cute and misunderstood German Shepherd.

It had been days since your week long vacation had started and no names for the German Shepherd had crossed your mind. You still had 3 days until you would be going back to work but you had a feeling that he would need a name as soon as you came back since he had been making such great process with you and you were sure that writing his profile would be the first thing you did when you stepped you foot inside the shelter. 

Anyways you were happy for a little break. You had gotten so much time to focus on Itachi the last few days and you couldn't be happier. Sometimes when you looked at him you got a little sad though. You couldn't shake off the thoughts of the little boy called Jae-hyung, even if it had been 3 years ago.

You were walking with Itachi near the city where people existed everywhere. It had been so many years since you moved and you were definitely not missing the loud sounds of cars and people. Suddenly there were two women who passed by you, and even if it were for just a few seconds, your mind who had previously been spaced out, immediately focused on what they had said. 

"It was fun, but I'm sad they didn't talk so much about Pluto."

"Well, Pluto isn't even a planet."

"I don't care, I like Pluto better than a-"

The women had passed and their voices were long gone.

They had probably been to the new space museum, it was said that there was stunning visuals and-  let's stop there, that wasn't the point here. The women's conversation.... Pluto...

There it was, Pluto; the new name for the cute little German Shepherd.

But first.....

Do you know what Pluto is?

134340 Pluto: A dwarf planet.

Do you know what Pluto was?

I'll tell you, so don't worry if you don't know.

Pluto was a planet. Pluto is a dwarf planet. Pluto will be a German Shepherd.

Do you like Pluto?

Pluto is an outcast. A 'planet' that is no longer defined as one. Why? Because the more people looked into Pluto they realized that it wasn't the right amount of anything going on.

Some people don't care that Pluto isn't a planet anymore, but some people can't accept the fact that Pluto no longer is a part of the Planet Squad. It's not the fact that he's no longer a planet that disturbs people, he is a dwarf planet after all; it's the fact that they just took out Pluto from the cool squad and placed him with a bunch of nobodies. For some people it's like someone saying 'here's a body, but I took off one leg, but it's not like that makes a difference.' Pluto is relatable because people know how it feels to be different, how it feels like to not fit in anywhere. And while some people don't care, the ones who do care will make you feel like you fit in even though society thinks differently. 

And Killer isn't a killer, he's Pluto, a lost soul who just needs the right person to care for him to be able to fit in. 

Pluto.. the misunderstood soul.

 the misunderstood soul

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.