26 | a moment of realization

Third Person P.O.V

Jungkook later met up with Jisoo. The latter noticed how she was zoning out whilst holding onto the bucket of popcorn around her arms with a plastic bag dangling from her fingers. He approaches her quietly before poking her (fluffy) cheeks. The sudden contact caused Jisoo to flinch back, snapping to reality.

She looks around before her eyes lands on Jungkook, who was staring at her with concern. The latter waves the tickets in front of Jisoo's face, "You good? You looked like you've been zoning out for awhile..."

Jisoo's face contorted into a rather confused expression, lungs tightening as her heart felt rather heavy. The conversation she had with Tzuyu was still lingering at the back of her mind; and she was hesitating whether she should tell Jungkook right now. She decides not to and shakes her head, a smile quickly forming on her lips.

"Nothing... Let's just head inside." Jisoo then brushed past Jungkook, leaving him dumbfounded. The odd behaviour that the female displayed a few moments ago didn't quite sit well with him; and he wanted to ask her, but right now didn't seem like a good time.

"Maybe later..." Jungkook mutters to himself before following the female to the theatres.

Inside the theatres

The movie was just about to reach its ending. The female protagonist was running about to the small town in order to alarm everyone of the predicament that was going to happen. Both Jisoo and Jungkook's eyes were glued onto the screen, not wanting to miss a single second.

In one second, the female protagonist suddenly trips, causing her to roll down the slope. At that moment, she finally realises the hopelessness of their situation; so in order to cherish her last moments of living, she opens up her palm to remember the name of the boy that she loved dearly. To her surprise, the words "I love you" were only written on her palm. Hot tears flow down her cheeks as she calls the male an idiot for not writing down his name; now she was going down without even knowing his name.

Jungkook was on the verge of crying as the scene before him unfolds. This was too much for his soft heart. Jisoo, on the other hand, was looking at the screen with fascination; she wanted to see how this interesting love story ends. She suddenly hears a sniff on her side, and whips her head to the source of the sound.

She looks to see Jungkook trying his very best  not to cry. Jisoo lets out a quiet giggle, which didn't go unheard by the male. He quickly looks at the female and pouts. "Don't laugh at me." He whispers.

"You're actually cute! Come on~" Jisoo cooed as she nudges the male's elbow, unbeknownst of the fireworks going on in his head at the little compliment she gave him. She then looks back at the huge screen; this time, the scene was of both the male and female protagonist in their present lives.

Apparently everything worked out for them in the end, despite the chaos that ensued in their love story. The ending was close as the male and female protagonists were searching for each other; even after all these years. They were then happily reunited and that's when the ending credits started rolling. The lights in the theatre then turned on as people started getting up from their seats. Jisoo couldn't help but quietly clap at the movie; it was a masterpiece and everything was so detailed despite it being an animated movie. She looks over to Jungkook, who was smiling fondly at the screen.

"That was a great movie.." Jisoo comments as she stands up to stretch her arms and legs. Jungkook stands up as well, nodding in agreement. "I'm glad you liked it. V-hyung suggested this movie for awhile and I thought it would be nice to watch it with you."