12: party

normal pov

the next week hayden woke up and got used to his normal routine. waking up again for the 4th time that morning, then getting layla. he calmed her down, then changed her diaper and put her in a grey onesie with a white cap and socks on her feet with mittens on her hands.

he walked downstairs with her, placing her in the swing with her pacifier and then made her milk. he then fed her and burped her.

pulling on the hem of his shirt, he pulled it down and over his belt. hayden ran his fingers through his curly hair, then turned around and picked up his daughter.

he wore a pair of black ripped jeans with a Versace button up and balenciaga shoes. hayden changed layla into a black onesie, with a white baby skirt with a gold edge and a gold bow. he made sure she has white tights on and white socks with a black shoe print.

he put her in the car seat and added a fluffy white blanket. he made sure she was fastened in and then closed the door and went to the driver's side.

he drove all the way to kenzie's house, getting there around 6:30 just on time. he called kenzie 5 minutes before just to tell warn her.

he parked in the front, then walked over to layla's door and opened it. he grabbed the diaper bag, placing it on his shoulder
as he took out layla, putting a thin blanket over the stroller.

he walked up to the house, and just in time the door opened and kenzie appeared. kenzie was wearing a plaid white and black tube top with a white skirt and red heels with her hair down and curled.

"hayden!" they both gave each other a large hug.

"congrats kenz!" hayden told her, then they both walked inside.

"look who's here!" kenzie yelled as they walked inside, grabbing their friends' attention.

"hey!" they all exclaimed, and walked up to hayden, giving him a side hug.

"kenz where can i put-" hayden started but kenzie interrupted him.

"you can put her stuff in my room, but bring her out. everyone's going to swim first." kenzie told him, then he nodded and went to her room. placing the diaper bag down, he changed layla again but into a blue onesie with black leggings and then gave her a pacifier and walked back out with layla's stroller.

hayden kept a thin white blanket with him along with a burp cloth he placed at the cup holders of the stroller. he walked to the back with the stroller, giving melissa a hug when he saw her fixing the speakers.

"oh hayden!" melissa squealed, then looked at layla. "oh my god,
she's so cute! wait here." melissa ran inside then came back out. "this is the best baby lotion out there. apply to her skin and bam, it works wonders. and this is the best diaper rash cream along with baby shampoo that's vegan, all natural-"

"come melissa, let's give the boy a break. he just became a father." mer interrupted. "how are you hayden?" she asked as she gave the teen a hug.

"i'm doing good. just really tired." hayden laughed, making the moms let out a laugh.

"oh honey, babies are like that. but when i had johnny, maddie and darian wouldn't leave mine and dale's bed. it was even worse when we had lauren." mer told them, then kenzie pulled hayden and layla away.

kenzie took layla in her arms, greeting more guests so hayden could get a soda. "hey hayden," he turned around and saw the one girl he didn't want to see really yet he did.

"hey annie."