CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Comincia dall'inizio

"Sorting through your old clothes."

"These aren't mine, they're too small." She frowns.

"You wore them when you were a tiny baby." I chuckle.

London holds up a pink jumpsuit with white hearts and gasps.

"Can you put that in the washing basket?"

"Mm, okay." She nods.

London tosses it into the washing basket and peers into the other boxes.

"What about these?" She holds up a blue onesie with red cars.

"Those were Ivan's." I tug on a smile.

"Oh." She frowns.

"Those boxes are going back to storage."

She drops the outfit and sits on the ground.

"Can you help me put the clothes into the washing machine?"

"Yes." She grins.

London takes an armful of clothes and wanders away. I pile the remainder of the clothes into the basket and drag it into the laundry. We dump the clothes into the machine and return to the main room.

There's so many more boxes to sort through, but I detour and nab a seat beside Charlotte. London pulls a chair out beside Kyle and climbs onto it.

"How's the party coming along?"

"Just a few things to do today and it should be done."

"That's amazing." I smile.

"Do you need me to do anything?" Kyle bites his lip.

"No, I've got it under control." Char grins.

"Can we watch ponies then?" London pokes Kyle's shoulder and smiles.

"If Ava's done with the lounge room?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Go for it, I need a break." I sigh.

Kyle grabs London and tosses her over the side of the couch, then leaps over. London erupts into laughter which makes us smile.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"What do you think about these flowers? I can't decide between lilies or roses. If I change my mind, I need to race to the flower shop now to let her know."

Charlotte holds up her phone and flicks between two images. There's stunning pink lilies with white flowers, and a bouquet of red and white roses in the second image.

"The pink lilies look beautiful." I smile.

"I need to race to the florist then."

"Why don't you call?"

"She's terrible at answering the phone." She sighs.

"Oh." I frown.

"Thankfully, it's just a short drive from her." Char packs her things into her bag and swings it over her shoulder. We wander to the couch but she stops and smiles.

"They're adorable."

London's snuggled under Kyle's arm, the pair both passed out. Charlotte leans over the couch and brushes her fingers through his hair. Kyle moves his face to her hand and she sighs.

"Can I leave Kyle here?"

"Of course." I laugh.

"Once I'm done, I'll swing back. I shouldn't be longer than an hour or so."