Chapter 3

"I'm Chris." The tall guy said as he reached his hand out to Kiera.

"I'm Kiera. With an E." She replied as she shook his hand. He seems confused.

"So your name spelled K-E-R-A?'' She laughed while shaking her head.

"No. It's K-I-E-R-A."

"Oh." This time he laughed too.

"Are you friends with Sophie?" He asked. Sophie was the hostess for the party.

"No, but my friend knows her."

"What about you?" Kiera continued.

"I'm friends with her cousin." They were quite for a second before she asked,

"Do you go to Dalton University?"

"Nope."

"Oh, because I feel like I have seen you before." She lied.

"Probably you have seen me at the Starbucks near Kennedy University?"

"So you go to Kennedy University?" This was what she actually wanted to know.

"Yeah."

"That's a quite expensive university, isn't it?"

"I couldn't afford to go there." She continued.

"Well, I'm a scholarship recipient there."

"What kind of scholarship?"

"Basketball. I play basketball for our college team."

"That's cool." She felt more impress with this good looking guy.

"Do you play any sports?' He asked.

"Nope." Now she felt embarrassed of how inactive she is.

"You don't have to feel embarrass about that. Sports is not a necessity." Kiera was surprised by that. Can he read minds too? She thought.

When Chris was walking towards the gazebo, Kiera imagined herself attending one of Chris' basketball game and sitting on the bleachers and cheering for him. The thought made her smile, but she quickly dismissed it and back to reality.

"It's funny that we are here when the party is actually downstairs." He said with a smile on his face. She nodded.

"Why are you here?" He asked. Is this guy has a mind of a Goldfish or something? She said in her heart.

"I told you, my friend....." Chris cut her out before she could finish.

"I mean, here, on this rooftop."

"I should ask you the same question." He laughed a little.

"Well, I'm actually not into parties." She frowned when she heard his answer.

"Then why did you come?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I have been declining my friends invitation too many times, so I decided to accept it this time."

"And I'm glad I did that." He continued as he looked directly to Kiera's face. That made her blushed.

"Do you want to dance?" He asked. She smiled and nodded. 

*Story will continue in Chapter 4*