Chapter 2

Kiera was standing alone at a corner, as always, with a drink in her hand. Her eyes was lingering around before it stopped at the front door where more people started to come. Among those people, she saw a tall, slender guy wearing a white shirt and a blue jeans. He has a blonde, slightly long hair.There were 2 guys and 2 girls in front of him. Kiera assumed they are friends because one of the guys was talking to him. She wasn't sure why she felt attracted to that guy. Was it because he's tall? Or maybe because of his good looks?

The guy later walked towards a table to grab some beers. He probably felt like someone was staring at him, so he looked back to that person and Kiera quick pretended to look at her drink. The guy smiled at her reaction but she didn't see that.When she felt like the guy is no longer looking, she lifted her head.Unfortunately, she can no longer locate where the guy went.

"Have you heard about the accident on 24th Avenue?" Said a guy 5 feet away from Kiera. She rolled her eyes and walked away.

She tried to look for her friend so that they can leave the party because apparently everyone was talking about the accident that she wants to not remember. And also because she was left alone in the corner, again. After what felt like 10 minutes, she found her friend. Her friend was passionately kissing a random guy against the wall. Kiera tried to called her a couple of times but because of the loud music and her friend was lost in the moment, she could not hear her.

Kiera sighed. She can still hear people talking about the gruesome accident. So she tried to find a way to not be here but since the car key is with her friend, she can't go back to their dorm. For a second, she did feels like walking back but it's late night and their dorm is quite far from here. Then her eyes set at the stairs not too far from where she was standing.

"The roof". She whispered to herself.

As soon as she reached the rooftop, she was quite surprised at how beautiful it was. With all the flowers and the twinkling lights surrounding the place. And a small gazebo with wooden chairs. The most amazing thing was, no one was there. She thought since she was alone downstairs, she might be better alone here. At least the view was nice and there was no people saying "Have you heard about the accident?".

She was walking towards the edge of the rooftop, puts her arms on the concrete fence that surrounded the rooftop and looked up to the night sky. There was a slightly chill breeze. She was kind of surprised at how starry the night was. She also felt strange that tonight was full of surprises.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" A voice said not from behind her. Which made he startled and quickly turned and guarded herself by pretending as if she knows karate. She was surprised, again, when she realized that it was the tall guy, stood in front of her.

"You scared me." She said. The guy held back a laugh and said,

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine." She quickly turned her back again.

This time, the guy stood next to her and looked at the sky. She followed his gaze. They both were admiring the beautiful night sky.

"Did you know that the stars are the spirit of those who had passed away?" She laughed at that.

"What? You don't believe that?"

"Honestly, I don't know what to believe,"

"But I do know that the stars is just a big ball of burning gas." She continued.

"You lack of imagination, my friend."He responded, smiling.

"That's what I learned in school and I'm pretty sure what everyone thinks."

"Well, that's what people want you to believe." They both looked at each other and smiled.

*Story will continue in Chapter 3*