The Unplanned Date

Dearies! I know I was to post it on weekend but got caught up. So, here it is. I know, it's a short update, but the next part cannot be broken down, so this needed to be paused here. Also, I wanted to paint some alone moments to let them embark on the journey of romance and togetherness before they start their mystical voyage. The bond needs to develop and strengthen over a period. Hope u like it.

Part 34

They rode in silence for a while, each collecting their thoughts. Suddenly, she chirped, "tumne kahan tha ki hum ghar ja rahe hai? Mera ghar toh Bombay mein hai aur tumhara Ahmedabad mein? Fir yahan Vidisha mein kiska ghar hai?"

Sameer was confused at her question. But when she still looked on waiting for an answer, he understood that she had no clue about her whereabouts. He didn't want to shock and scare her again after they had established a firm ground post the face-off. But he could hide one truth from her if need be, not an entire city and before she felt unsafe or rendered him untrustworthy again, he cautiously answered in a slow tone with every syllable measured.

"Ahmm Naina...umm...hum Vidisha mein nahi...Lothal mein hai...Ahmedabad se thodi durr. Toh hum mere Ahmedabad wale ghar ja rahe hai". He divulged all information and let it sink in her.

She looked down as if pondering over the information. He was bracing himself for an explosive reaction at any moment. But after a few seconds, all she responded was "oh...acha..." then straightened in her seat, adjusted her posture and gazed out the window lost in thoughts.

He continued driving and they enjoyed each other's presence in companiable silence. Every now and then, he glanced at her but she didn't. He didnt mind as it was just enough for him that she was well and with him finally. Now that the adrenaline peak rush had subsided, his body demanded food to compensate for the energy expenses. He was sure that she would be famished too as given her condition, she was nourishmentless for far longer than him.

He wanted to stop for food, "Naina...", she turned to look at him questioningly as to why was he intruding her thoughts. "Kahi ruk ke thoda khana kha le?"

"Nahi...zaroorat nahi hai. Mujhe bhook nahi hai aur khane ka mann bhi nahi hai!" He was being polite trying to give her the choice but he hadn't anticipated that she would outright deny him.

His face fell and just while he was deliberating if he should ignore her denial and stop for food anyway, his stomach growled loudly. The car windows were up, and so he could be heard clearly. Naina slowly turned towards him, he glanced in her direction and couldn't read her expression. It was embarrassing enough, he didn't want to make a fool of himself.

His eyes were still mainly focused on the road, but he heard her sniffling and a quick glance told him that she was trying to contain her laughter and her body was shaking with silent mirth. "Bata nahi sakte the ki bhookh lagi hai!" She reprimanded him lightly. "Tumhara shehar hai, jahan khana ho, gaadi rok dena".

Since they were in the outskirts of the city, the traffic was now picking up, so without averting his gaze, he gave her a lopsided grin for pulling his leg. A couple of minutes later, he slowed down and made a sharp left to enter the parking lot of a restaurant. When he finally stopped, both got out and he walked around to her side to guide her, while she was staring at the board, the entrance, and the decent surroundings.

He interrupted her thoughts, "Yeh Ahmedabad ka famous restaurant chain hai. Pure vegetarian khana milta hai. Chale!"

She only looked in affirmation and preceded him inside. Sameer straightaway walked to a table by the window and settled himself after she was seated. The menus were already on the table and Naina started perusing it. A moment later, a waiter came to them, and greeted. "Bade din baad aaye Bhaiyya. Nanaji nahi aaye?"