Epilogue

I lay in a white wonderland, drifting in and out of consciousness. Someone was talking - wait, two people - but I couldn't make out who ...

The voices were very familiar ...

One was ... Harry's! And the other was ... was ...

Dumbledore's!

They were talking about Quirrell. He was dead from the sound of it. The Stone was destroyed. Nicolas and his wife would die ... "To the well organised mind, death is but the next great adventure ..." Harry and I technically killed Quirrell, but apparently it was Mum's protection that she gave us that saved us. Huh ...

Just as they finished talking, "Misters Fred and George Weasley and Terry Boot tried sending you two a lavatory seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you both ..." I lost consciousness again, this time for real.

~~~

I woke up. No one else was in the hospital wing ... apart from two people. Two parents. Two people that looked eerily like me ...

Lily and James Potter were standing by my hospital bed, distressed. They were whispering anxiously, but when they saw that I was awake, they looked down at me, smiling.

"Ah, my wonderful daughter is awake. Have a nice time with You-Know-Who?" Dad grinned down at me, reaching out a hand and stroking my hair. "Got rid of him, did you? That's my girl ..."

"James!" Mum glared at Dad, then took my hand. "Sweetheart, you have no idea how relieved I am that you're okay ..." Tears started making their way down her face.

"Oh, Lily ..." Dad looked distressed again and ruffled her red hair. "She's alright now, look at her ... my awesome daughter, she can do anything! I mean, did you see her at that Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin? She's just like her old Pops, totally amazing." He kissed the top of my head.

"Now I see where I've got my big head from, Dad!" I joked. Lily stopped crying and laughed. James straightened up and pretended to look offended.

"Hey! I'm the illegal Animagus here-"

"I am too, Dad." I grinned at him. "I'm a puppy, what are you?"

Dad blinked. "I'm a stag. So you found our old book, then?"

"Yep."

"Oh, no ... we wrote that a very long time ago ..." Dad's eyes were wide. "Please don't say you read anything embarrassing!"

"It's alright, I didn't." I laughed.

Mum stared at us both. "James! You're not supposed to encourage our children into illegality!" But I could see there was an amused look in her eye.

We all stared at each other for a second, then burst out laughing. James hugged me, then Lily did too.

"We've got to go soon ... but someone's supposed to be here!" James exclaimed, glancing at a weird looking watch on his wrist.

Then Harry burst through the double doors at the end of the hospital wing. "Mum! Dad!"

He dashed over to us. The three of them stood at my bed, smiling at me as they started crying silently again, even Harry. I got off the bed and we all group-hugged.

"Why isn't she waking up yet? I woke up DAYS ago ..." A distant voice sounded.

"Bye, Daisy!" Harry grinned. "See you very, very soon!"

"Goodbye, my sweet darling ..." Lily, my mother, whispered, smiling sadly at me.

"See you later, my little prankster." James, my father, whispered, smiling longingly at me. "You've made me proud."