Chapter 8 - First Week

"So, Daisy." Fred said as I sat down in the empty armchair across from him and George in the common room the next morning. "How was your first day?"

I grinned at him. "Hectic." I told them all about my first day, and when I finished, the twins raised their eyebrows at me.

"Going for a record there, Daze. Late to all of your classes, found loads of secret passages I admit we'd never thought you'd find, gained two enemies, annoyed four teachers, and sassed a Slytherin. Wow." George said.

"Let's see what you make of your second day, then! 'Cause you still haven't found all the passages yet!" Fred laughed - well, more like cackled.

"Oh, it is on like Donkey Kong!" I said.

"What's Donkey Kong?" The twins chorused.

I facepalmed. Oh, wizards these days!

There was a thud and Ron lay face down on the carpet at the foot of the stairs. Harry arrived seconds later.

He saw me looking at him and he explained, "He said that he fancied you, so I pushed him down the stairs."

Ron got up, his ears flaming red, and said, "Daisy, I-"

I cut him off. "I'm sorry Ron, I don't like you the same way. We can still be friends, though?"

I was mentally sniggering.

"AND you friendzoned our brother!" Fred and George chorused.

---

Down in the Great Hall, Draco was staring at me again. I was beginning to get irritated.

"Dude, any ideas to get him to stop staring at me?" I muttered to Amy.

"Well, everybody's been staring at you and Harry ever since you arrived, you famous lil' bitch." Amy joked, lightly shoving me. "But you could send him an owl?" She suggested.

Great! When the owls swooped in to deliver their morning post (Snidget bringing me letters from Dudders), Snidget came pelting towards me, her little black form flying like a bullet. I took off Dudley's letter, snatched a quill and ink from my bag, borrowed parchment from Amy (she had sneaked over to the Gryffindor table from the Ravenclaw table), scribbled, 'Whatcha staring at??? XD' folded it up, and wrote 'Draco' on the front. I then gave it to Snidget, who clamped it in her beak, and sent her off, glancing over my shoulder. Good! He didn't suspect a thing!

I watched Snidget over to Draco, where she dropped my letter on his head. I sniggered.

He looked surprised, but opened it. I whipped round quickly and took out my pocket mirror and watched him from it. I saw him read it, and he looked up fearfully, glancing all around the hall to see who had sent it to him.

He still didn't suspect a thing about me sending it!

Us Gryffindors set out for the Transfiguration classroom. I couldn't resist stopping on the way to chat to the portraits.

"Have you seen any secret passageways near here?" I asked a lady in a pinafore.

"Why yes, there's a few just round the corner! There's one where you should have to pull aside a mirror - it leads into Hogsmeade - and there's a tapestry that, when pulled aside, reveals a secret corridor!"

"Thanks!" I grinned at her, before looking at my watch. "Shit!"

I sprinted all the way to Transfiguration.

"Sorry, Professor!" I gasped, collapsing into my chair next to Harry and Ron.

"If you are late to my class one more time, Miss Potter, I shall have to issue a detention!" Professor McGonagall said.