XV

The guns were gone. All of them from what Nichole knew were gone. Tommy had lost his leverage on Campbell now, so everyone was on edge at this time.

But that hadn't changed the fact that it was early morning in Small Heath. Nichole had gotten up earlier than usual and was already out doing her daily tasks. It had been a while since she had spoken to Tommy,knowing that it wasn't in her best interest to ask questions. There she was preparing to clean Tommy's car when suddenly he appeared from around the corner. Nichole raised a brow, wondering why he was coming for his car this early in the morning. A lot had happened since they last said anything to each other; the bar with Campbell was the last time she had spoken to Tommy, and she wasn't about ready to start talking to him now about what happened, not with that look in his eyes.

"It's today." he told her, watching as she came up from her bent position as she had placed the rag down in the bucket.

"Today? So soon?" he nodded.

His gaze went from hers to the covered car and it was in a blink of an eye that Tommy had ripped the cover off the car and the dust danced through the air. She blinked, watching him as he opened his door, only pausing for a second to look her way.

"Get in."

She did as she was told and climbed into the other side of the car. She took a deep breath as she opened the door and climbed inside, knowing that today was the last step till Thomas Shelby had it all.

"We're having a meeting first and then we'll go from there."

He said. She nodded as the car started up and rolled forth and out the door they went. Tommy swung by John's and informed him before taking her and dropping her back off at the house. Inside Pol was praying for everyone who was going to be apart of this war today; God knows they all needed it.

"We'll have the meeting at half to ten, be ready."

She watched as he left the house, although she knew what he had meant she didn't know if she understood fully what he was expecting out of her now. It was almost as if he had refused to look at her. She wasn't the only one who noticed this, Polly walked over to her side and looked at her. Polly eyed the woman and in turn she looked at the older woman.

"What?" Nichole asked, wondering why Polly was looking at her in such a way.

Polly shook her head slowly, her eyes were glazed over almost by the way they looked in the light.

"I don't know what's happened between you two, but today is not the day."

Nichole looked at Polly for a second more before slowly turning her head away and looked at the door in which Tommy had left moments ago. She thought to herself, she wondered why it was so noticeable to Polly that she could figure out that something was wrong as well. They weren't possibly that close, Nichole and Tommy, there was no way. They had made their private lives unshown to everyone else in the family so how could Polly notice that there was something wrong between the two of them now? What was wrong between the two of them? It was last week Tommy hadn't been able to keep his hands off her in the car and now... he couldn't bring himself to look at her?

The time passed by and it was soon time for Tommy's meeting. It was now, today was the day that everything was going to go down and Nichole was going to be right in the middle of it all. Tommy had taken his place in the middle of the gambling area in front of the blackboard and looked at each one of the family members. His gaze finally falling upon Nichole's and he watched her for a moment longer than he had everyone else.

"Today is the day we take Epson. Today we take out Kimber and his men. Today, we become legitimatize." Tommy's eyes still on Nichole, making her feel uneasy. "Today, we take what we want and make it ours."