IX

Her mouth was dry that was the first thing that she noticed rather quickly when she came round. Her eyes felt heavy and she had trouble getting them to open. Her chest and shoulder hurt like hell on top of that too. Peeking open an eye her blue orb glanced around the room and it was then she noticed that she was back in her room.

Looking around she noticed that Finn was sitting over in the corner on a chair carving what looked like a piece of wood with his pocket knife. She went to speak but instead coughed from her throat being so dry, this caught Finn's attention. He glanced up and hopped up from the chair with lighting fast speed.

“Tommy wanted to know when you woke up!” He seemed rather excited as he glanced her way before racing out of the door and down the stairs and off to find Tommy.

Nichole snorted only to cough again thinking about how Finn was much like his father, John. Trying her best to sit up she found it much harder than she had originally planned. Pain shot through her breast and up through her opposite shoulder.

She looked down, the first bullet had hit her right in the center of her upper right breast bone the second bullet had managed to hit the very top part of her left shoulder right around her neck area; surprised Grace hadn't actually hit her neck. Moving around as best she could she finally was able to get her body to sit up with minimal pain in either area.

Taking a deep breath she placed both of her feet on the cold wooden floor. It was only when the blanket fell off her body did she notice that her breast were exposed except for where the bandages were placed. Thinking to herself, Aunt Polly must have dressed her with a bra and then someone with a rather impressive medical skill must have clean and dressed her wounds; she was impressed by their job.

Right as she was preparing to attempt to stand up from the bed did she hear the sound of feet quickly coming up the stairs and down the hall. She looked up just in time to see Tommy walking into her room and closing the door as he entered. She didn't know if he'd be upset with her or not after what had happened. She tried to read him but this was Thomas Fucking Shelby and his expressions were hardly ever readable. He stood there for a moment as he was looking her over and looking at the bandages that littered her body.

Guilty. He felt guilty for what happened to her. Iscca had informed him that she'd make it and be fine but it still worried him greatly after seeing her pass out right there on their kitchen table. He hadn't known if she had died or not until their medic had shown up nearly fifteen minutes later and had taken care of her as if she were one of their comrades. Still it didn't sit well with Tommy and there were things that he realized that he needed to speak up and say after what happened two nights ago.

“How are you feeling?” Nichole shook her head as she ran a hand through her hair and scratched the back of her scalp.

“I've been better I can say that much is for sure.” she said as Tommy walked across the room and grabbed the chair that Finn had been using to watch her over the last two days. He picked it up and put it only a few feet away from Nichole as she sat up on the bed. When he sat down he ran his face through his hands and gave a deep sigh, showing this side wasn't like him at all but at this point he couldn't help it; he was tired of acting as if nothing was wrong.

“Nichole – “ he said, looking at her in the eyes. “You've got to go.”

Her breath hitched. She had to go? What was she talking about? Where did she have to go? Nothing made sense right now. She woke up after getting shot and instead of Tommy being glad that she wasn't dead he was telling her that she had to leave? She shook her head as she was baffled and her mouth hung agape.

“I have to go? And where the fuck am I going Tommy?” Tommy just looked at her, his gaze was strong as he refused to disconnect their contact.

“You'll be going to America with Ada and Freddie when they both go – “