I

Heavy boots stormed their way through the dirty, filthy, run-down streets of Birmingham England. It had been nearly twenty years since Nicholas had last been here. Her eyes scanned the houses closely, seeking the one address that hadn't changed even after all these years. Many footsteps followed behind her, the gang that held both men and women followed closely. Her only friends and allies having her back every step of the way.

Her attire was simple. Black boots that allowed her to travel easy even through the deepest of mud. A large black coat draped over her muscular body. She dawned a very simple American style suit that was fitted to her form. Her breast hidden away by wrappings that laid hidden underneath her white undershirt. Her dark hair cut in a boyish fashion that most laid hidden behind her father's old hat from his days. Her bright blue eyes keeping close watch to those who seemed to steer clear of her path. Two pistols laid hidden beneath her suit jacket in case she needed protection. Her strides were long and she carried herself like the man she disguised herself to be.

Her crew dawned the same look as her, only the women kept their hair long and their breast visible. Her rules were clear, she didn't give a damn what your gender, sexuality, race, or where the hell you came from happened to be all she asked was for your loyalty and in return she gave them hers. Two men and two women followed her lead as they marched up to the steps of the house she had been searching for since she arrived. Without so much as a knock, the door opened and stood a woman who seemed more than happy to see the young lady before her.

"Nicholas." she greeted, reaching out for a hug that was returned to the elder woman.

"Aunt Polly." Her smile was soft but strong. Pulling away the elder woman looked at her niece and the people following behind.

"You've changed so much, and I see that you've acquired some friends as well." Though it had been twenty years since Nicholas had seen her aunt, she knew when a woman was putting on a show just to be humain toward others. Nicholas shook her head, removing her hat for a brief moment to push back her hair before the hat rested once more.

"I never go anywhere without them. They're just as much my family as I am theirs." Aunt Polly seemed to understand and allowed everyone inside before shutting the door. She lead them into the kitchen where Nicholas could already hear many voices coming from behind the green double doors.

"There's a family meeting taking place right now." Aunt Polly explained. Nicholas ushered for her men to stand behind her, preparing for Aunt Polly to open the doors and give the greeting to the rest of the family.

"A lot has changed in twenty years, Nicholas." She reminded the young woman. Nicholas tilted her head just enough to the left for Aunt Polly to see a startling scar that ran clear from her lower jawline by her ear clear up to the bottom part of her nose. How had she not possibly noticed it before?

"Oh trust me, I know." Her voice held a tone that was somewhere between boredom and slight disappointment. Aunt Polly paused for a second, listening for just the right moment to open the doors. When she hear Thomas ask if there were any questions that's when her que was given and the doors flew open with Aunt Polly stepping out front first.

"I have a question." Speaking loudly she caught everyone's attention, but she didn't retain it for long when the looks changed to the five younger people behind her. Nobody made a move, questions marked their face, some seemed almost shocked and nearly ready for a fight if needed. Thomas was the only one who seemed his expression was unreadable from the rest of the family, same as always.

"Aunt Polly..." John started, slightly concerned for the family with the rather rough looking group standing behind her.

"And just who are these people?" Arthur spoke up sounding mad as hell from the sudden guest. Nicholas and Thomas stood their ground, nobody else in the room seemed to matter as their eyes were locked in a gaze that wasn't going to be broken so easily. He was trying to read the man in front of him, or at least who he had assumed to be a man from they're outward appearance.

Aunt Polly tilted her head to the side with a disappointed expression on her face. Her hands coming to rest of her hips as she faced the whole family.

"I cannot believe you don't remember your own family. Honestly, Arthur." Arthur gave the woman a baffled look as he glanced between her and the people standing behind her. He was quick to his feet.

"I ain't ever seen a damn one of them before!" he roared, ready to start a brawl like always. Aunt Polly ushered for Nicholas to come down by her side, which in turn she finally broke eyes contact with Thomas as she listened and walked over to the woman and Arthur. Aunt Polly placed her hands on both shoulders of the taller young woman that stood before her, her eyes never breaking from Arthur's as she explained.

"Nichole Shelby, Arthur, your younger cousin on my brother's side." The man's expression seemed as if he was suddenly hit by a train as he took a step back and studied the man before him, who was apparently a woman. He lifted a finger with a baffled expression as he started to stutter in disbelief.

"That ain't little Nic! That's a man!!" Aunt Polly rolled her eyes, honestly Arthur could be so stupid sometimes. Reaching up Aunt Polly grabbed Nicholas's hat and yanked it from her head.

"She had to change her outward appearance to seem like a man! In America a woman has no rights in business so in order to be able to have at least some control over power as she deals with idiots like you, she had to make herself seem to be a man!" At this point Nicholas was smirking, amazing at just how dumbfounded Arthur really was after all.

"Nichole Shelby," Thomas's voice called out, grabbing the entire room's attention like usual. All eyes turned to him as his gaze fell upon her own. It was then he did the most unexpected and outrageous action that anybody in the room had ever seen him do before now.

He reached out and picked up the bottle that was nearest to him on the table. A small upwards line came to play on his lips as Nicholas caught a hint of amusement in them as he held up the bottle for her to see.

"Care for a drink?"