Chapter 19 - Truth Revealed?

Julienne ran her hands through her hair.

" I don't believe it's really any safe for you here anymore. Since I just found you I'm so worried I might loose you again." She sighed and put a hand on my shoulder. "I am respected and feared far and near, but I will go to lengths and do anything for you."

"I-" I started to say.

"No." She put of finger on my lips motioning for me to be silent. "Let me finish." She took another deep breath. "There is a group of people known for and wide as the Avengers. This group is very dangerous and they are made of pure wicked and they are sending spies into our castle to seek out ways that they might force us back into our home planet." here she paused for a couple seconds. "Were you coming from Svartalfheim when you came here to Asgard?" I shook my head.

"I came with Eerikki and we were transported from Jotunheim which was where we ended up. I'm not sure of most of the planets we were on, but it was a lot."

"Ok, because if you had come from or even seen Svatalfheim you would know that conditions there are worse than they've ever been. The earth is slowly falling apart and there is no logical explanation why. Part of the land just dislodged itself from the rest and we moved here because it was safer for our youth to grow up. If we are forced to move back, we may all die because of the conditions. Which brings me to my next question, do you know any spies?"

I was silent for a moment. At this point i was wondering if i should tell her about Lyric. I mean, he was acting really strange and he was planning on doing something behind Juliennes back..... i decided to tell her because I didn't trust Lyric anymore.

I cleared my throat. "Mmhmm I actually do know a person. Do you know that kid that came with me to Asgard when we were first found. Eerikki?" she nodded her head "well he is part of the organization that is trying to remove you from this place." Julienne studied me for a couple minutes and than nodded her head.

"Thank you for telling me." she stood up and started walking towards the door.

"Mom? can you please not hurt him? He was my best friend for half of my life so I don't really want to see him get hurt." She smiled at the mention of the word Mom and then yet again nodded.

"Of course, we might just have to do a questioning with him." At this she exited the room.

I was debating calling Nick and friends back when I heard a knock at the door. I went to open it and I saw the guard who had wanted to help me. Endre I think was his name.

"What do you want?"

"Geez is that how you greet a friend?" he scratched the back of his neck and gave me a puzzled look.

"A friend? Is that what we are now?" I sighed "Sorry I guess." I didn't really mean it though.

"Do you have a second? I just learned something that I think is pretty important." he hesitated "Can I come in?" As an answer I opened the door wider.

"So what is this information you speak of?"

"Okay." he walked over to my bed rather excited and was practically hoping out of his skin from excitement. "So the boy, Eerikki, who you came with went missing a couple of hours ago. He announced that you were working with the Avengers at a public gathering in front of lots of people and now they are all suspicious of you." He drew a long breath out like he had been holding it.

"Oh god." I ran my hands through my hair. "How many people are suspicious of me? Wait! What did Julienne have to say about it?"

"Lots of people are suspicious of you, and as for Julienne I'm not sure. She wasn't exactly around the castle when the news was said." Endre was out of breath.