Chapter 6 - Getting Situated

I woke up the next morning to someone banging on my door. I sat up and looked at the clock. 7:30. I groaned and flopped back in the bed. I wanted to sleep. The person kept banging, and banging. I waited for 5 minutes if they would go away. I covered my ears with my pillow to see if I could block the noise, but no such luck.

It reminded me a little of that awful alarm clock at the orphanage, that wouldn't stop until you were fully dressed, and had made your bed. Now that was an annoying alarm clock.

"Shut up!!!" I finally said. I have had enough of the constant banging. I walked to the door and opened it.

Amy was standing there, already dressed and probably eaten too, along with a boy about our age, with dirty blonde hair, and chocolate brown eyes.

"What?" I snapped. I wasn't even trying to be nice. After living with me for 12 years, she should know that I hate getting up early.

At the orphanage, she used to make it so I would get awakened in the middle of the night, and then have to get up at like 4 in the morning, to do chores. Amy is just an awful person.

She smirked at my state of dress and said: "Natasha wants us to get into the lab soon. This is Lyric, he's the son of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts. We will be in the lab, while we wait for you, slowpoke. You might want to do something about your hair." She giggled and pulled Lyric's arm. "Come on Lyric let's leave her to get ready." They then walked down the hall and turned the corner. Me, glaring at the as they disappeared. I turned around and slammed the door. I huffed as a picked out my clothes. I chose black leggings, and a green t-shirt with 2 white stripes on the arms. I brushed my hair, Amy's request, then put on my black converse, and slipped out the door. 

The first thing I thought when I closed the door behind me, was 'where is the lab?'
I looked right left and decided to go the same way Amy and that Lyric boy went. What kind of name is Lyric??!? I turned the corner and saw two glass doors. I cautiously crept towards them, and nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard someone speak behind me. I turned around and saw 'that boy', Lyric. I sighed and looked away to hide how much he actually scared me. "What are you doing here?" I asked

"I came here to see if you could find your way or if I had to guide you."

I rolled my eyes. " I don't need your help thank you very much." He smirked. 

"Really? Than what are you doing creeping up on a door." I huffed.

"I wasn't creeping up on the door." I said. "I was seeing if I could see who or what's behind it, since it's made of glass."

" Are you going to find out?"

"I don't know. I'm still debating whether you're setting me up, or have done something horrible to the door." I said.

"Now why would I do that?" He said all innocently. I glared at him. I turned my attention away from and walked to the door. I grabbed the handle and pulled the door open.

The first thing I saw was Amy in a corner, sulking was it? There were multiple people in the room. Including Natasha, Wanda, and Steve. I walked in, and Amy's face went from bad to worse when she saw I was with Lyric. I smirked at her. I could tell she was jealous. Natasha then walked up and said,

"Sleeping Beauty is up." I glared at her. She is really taking after Amy. She chuckled. "As soon as Bruce arrives, we will start your testing. You can have something to eat over in the kitchen. Go out these doors and turn right, and then it's the second door on the left." I nodded and said thanks, and walked out the door.

Once I arrived in the kitchen, I saw another person that I have never seen before. Well two people actually. One was a man who had sunglasses on, and the other was a woman with red hair, not as red as Natasha's or Wanda's, in white work clothes. They were arguing quietly. They didn't see me come in. I walked very quietly to the cabinet that was marked, breakfast. I didn't want to them to see me. I quietly got the milk out of the fridge and a spoon out of a drawer, and sat at one of the high stools and started eating. It was only then that they noticed me.
I saw one of them out of the corner of my eye, nod in my direction. Then I saw the other one nod. I then got a funny feeling, and I felt myself rising. I started panicking. I used my knees to keep myself from drifting up any more than I was. I then wished really hard to be on the stool again, and was rewarded with finding myself on the stool again. I could feel their shock coming off of them, so I got of my stool, dumped my cereal out, smiled at them, and walked out the door.

Hey people. I am going to try to update this as much as possible. I am not very good at descriptions and titles. Wasn't exactly sure what to name this one. :)

Thanks for reading.