Chapter 16- Meeting the Queen

Walking into the huge room, throne room I think, I had a very weird flashback to when I was first introduced to the Avengers. With me-or us this time getting ushered into the room to meet people that I had never met in my life, to see if I could mean anything to them. As well as the flashback, I could start to sense a new color theme. Instead of the gold walls that we walked into, the walls of the throne room were slowly turning into a black ombre. Everything was so dark that it was scary just to be in the room.

I opened my mouth slightly to get more air and calm myself down a bit.

Inside the room was mostly a silver color and there were many people ....elves and giants in it. The was a black carpet that we were on and it led up to a black throne. Upon that throne sat one of the most beautiful elves that I've seen so far. She, I could tell it was a she this time because of how she actually looked feminine, had black eyes but long lashes. She had high cheekbones and as well as looking like a beautiful queen, looked like one of the fiercest warriors. She had a crown on her head, and was wearing a silver dress and looked very royal the way she was sitting. At her side were several guards and maids. She was the center of attention in the room and I immediately felt very intimidated, which is unlike me.

Very unlike me.

Kari walked in after us and nudged us a little gesturing her head to the creature on the throne. "Go on, she doesn't bite."

"Are you sure about that?" Lyric spoke before I could, but took the words right out of my mouth. Kari just smiled and gestured to us to continue in answer.

I didn't wait for Lyric and instead just started walking down the aisle.

It felt weirdly familiar, the feeling of walking down an aisle in front of many people, and I smiled in spite of everything. Before too long, I reached the throne where I slowed my waking pace. I was just at the throne when I remembered I didn't know how to address royalty. I quickly looked at the guards and people kneeling on the floor and was about to imitate them when I heard my name, or the name I was just given, come from the queen herself.

"Asta! Come give your mother a hug!"

I swallowed nervously but not obviously and walked tentatively towards her. She then stood up and, not to lie, looked very very intimidating with all her glamour. She was tall and skinny. Her eyes were a grey blackish color that looked like She was permantly staring at the dark side of the moon. Despite her intimidating aura, she gave a smile and engulfed me in her arms. She smelled of a vanilla scent that would have been mainly found in candle shops back on Earth. We stayed like that for many seconds before she finally released me with a breath of relief.

"I was worried about you." She cuffed me face in her hands. I at this point was awfully uncomfortable but was desperately trying not to show it. I smiled back and let her know of my gladness too.

"I was really hoping you would recognize me after all..." I gestured to myself "..this and me looking more like the humans and everything."

She tilted my head to look directly into her eyes.

"Honey I will always be able to tell if it's you and I strongly believe in giving second chances and if those retched humans made you their clones than I will kill each and every one of them " I smiled back at her beaming smile and found myself thinking dreadful thoughts.

What happens when the real Asta shows up? What happens when she realizes I'm impersonating Asta? What if, when the Avengers come to get me, she finds me and brings me to stay with her forever? What if I can never leave? Will I become a prisoner? What about Lyric? What if I actually am Asta? After all I am from here.