NYC Family/Friends Shenangins | December 27, 2018

Iris's PoV

"Good day everyone!" I said when I turned the camera on. "Today, we'll just be goin around NYC today with everyone and probably get some souvenirs," I added.

"She'll also meet some of our friends," Kayla's older adopted sister said.

Yeah, long story short, my twin adopted a girl when she moved here after college. The girl's 15 and has black hair and brown eyes. Her name's Lila. "If they decide to come," I said.

"Oh trust me, they will," Lila said and walked off to get ready.

"I probably need to go get ready, see you then," I said. I turned the camera off and started getting ready.

I put on a maroon/burgundy type color sweater with black jeans and tan colored knee-high boots. I left my hair down since I was going to re-dye my hair. No one knew I was re-dying it but that's the point of a surprise. The only one that knew was Lila. When she and everyone was done getting ready, we then went out on the town. The first stop was a coffee shop. I pulled the camera out and turned it on. As soon as I was turning it on, I misheard What Dakota said. My eyes went wide and I looked at her. "Lila had sex with who?" I asked, not realizing the camera was on.

"Oh my god," Lila said, her face red with embarrassment and she started laughing.

Everyone else's jaws dropped and then Dakota busted out laughing.

"No, dumbo, I said Lila has all A's in her school grades, I don't know where you got that from," she said.

"Oh," I said and then I realized that conversation was recorded. "I just caught that on camera," was all I said. Everyone started laughing and Savannah said, "Keep it." I nodded my head and we kept on making jokes while I recorded.

***

After we had coffee, we all split up to go cover more of NYC. I chose Lila and Savannah to come with me while Dakota, her husband, and Sarah went to go get Kayla and all their friends.

We were walking around when we finally got to the hair saloon.

"Uh, why are we at a hair place?" Savannah asked.

"You'll see," I said. We walked in and I waited for my appointment.

"I already know you're doing something for your hair so me and Lila are gonna go walk around some more," Savannah said.

I nodded as they called my name. I told the girl what I wanted. Of course I asked if I could record the process and she said yes. I did a before picture and put my hand on the lens of the camera. She started washing my hair and I kept on making faces into the camera. She prepared my hair for what she was gonna do to it.

"Do you want a trim or cut it off a certain point?" She asked

"Can you cut it to where it's at my shoulder," I said as I showed her how much I wanted cut off.

She nodded and started to cut my hair. I faced my camera at the mirror and made a sad face. "Bye bye hair," I said. The girl started to giggle a little bit and I joined in. Once she finished cutting it, she finished prepping my hair for the dye part. The first dye she put in was a dark red color that was close to black. She then put some dye which was a red-purple color. She put in more red type shades like those two main colors to give it more color. Once she was done doing that, she let it sit for a bit then rinsed my hair out. She dried it and styled it to have a little bit of waves.

I put my hand on the lens and took it off to reveal my new hair. "Now this is what I call a new makeover," I said. I payed for the appointment and went back to Dakota's appointment. I got my phone and screenshoted a picture of a girl's hair that was similar to mine. I sent the screenshot to everyone, including our Kansas family and friends. I then posted it on Insta with a caption saying, "Should I do my hair like this?" A minute after I posted it, people were commenting and liking. I got a text from Lila saying they were at a small cafe across from the apartment building. I picked up my purse and camera as I walked out the door. I got to the cafe and saw the squad with another girl the same age as Lila and a guy the same age as Lila as well. I turned the camera on and walked in at first it was facing me since they didn't notice me yet. I turned the camera as I walked to their booth. As I joke, I said "May I help you with anything?"

"No someone else already got our order," Savannah said glancing at me for a split second.

Then, she snapped her head around and her jaw dropped.

"Oh my god, Iris!" She said.

I started smiling as everyone else saw my hair.

"You're hair is so pretty like that!" Dakota said.

"I almost cried since I kept my old hair for years it feels like," I said.

We all moved to a bigger booth so I could fit. "Mind to introduce me to your friends Lila?" I said turning off my camera.

"Oh yeah, this is Austin," she said pointing the guy. He has brown hair with blonde ends and it was styled like Sam's. He had green-blueish eyes. "And this is Stacy, my girlfriend," she added.

I was taken back a little bit, but I smiled wider and said, "Nice to meet y'all." They all smiled at me and Stacy said, "Nice to meet you too, I've been a fan for a while."

"I am honored," I said.

We hung out at the cafe for a bit and went back to the apartment to play some games. We took tons of pictures. We posted some of them and decided to photoshop some of the other ones to make it seem like I didn't dye my hair.