Chapter 17:Unnecessary punishment:Toph A week later

It was morning, or so she thought by all the scuffling sounds going on outside her door.
Then she heard her door open as her handmaidens came in to get her ready for her etiquette, manners, and history classes.
Her handmaidens help her out of her nightdress and into a silk robe. They brushed her hair till her scalp was sore, and they put her hair back up in a bun again as a lady should always have their hair up or in a braid, so as to make them look noble. They put slippers on her feet, which she absolutely hated because then she couldn't feel the ground beneath her feet; she solely relied on her feet and hands to tell where she was by feeling the things around her like the marble or tile floor or the texture and feeling of the walls.
Then her guards led her down to breakfast.
Breakfast was as quiet as dinner on the night she returned a week ago.
   After breakfast, her guards took her to her etiquette and manners class.
   When she got to class, her teacher went over all the etiquette rules that a lady should know.
   This was the most unnecessary punishment she had to endure just because she wanted a little freedom and space from her parents.
   Her teacher's drowning was about to make her fall asleep. This was the most boring part of her day. She had more fun when she was in her room doing nothing.
   Her teacher continued droaning on for the next three hours going over how a lady should act and what to do and what not to do in a certain situation.
   When her etiquette class was over her guards took her to her history class.
   Her history class wasn't as boring as her etiquette class was, who taught it just droaned on, while her history teacher actually added emotion to his words making it feel like she was in the places and events he talked about.
   After history, her guards took her to lunch, which was just as quite as breakfast except this time her mother tried to start a conversation but it failed horribly, pretty quickly.
   After lunch, her guards took her back to her room, and one of her guards helped her study for her history and etiquette tests at the end of the week.
   After that she sat in her room till dinner, doing absolutely nothing but think about the things, mostly the baby dragon, feeling a hole in her heart where the baby dragon should fill it with its presence.
   When it was time for dinner, her guards escorted her down to the dinning room.
   She sat down across from her parents, ignoring their gaze on her.
   "How was class today?" Her mother asked, attempting to start another conversation like during lunch today.
   "Good." She replied, trying to be as polite as possible, but it was really hard when her parents were life controlling-control freaks.
   "Were you dozing off in etiquette class?" Her father asked.
   She was about to answer, but to her surprise it was her mother who answered, standing up for her.
   "Lao, you know how hard it is to not fall asleep in her etiquette teacher's class with his monotonous voice. It makes me want to to fall asleep when he just talking to me." Her mother said, her voice sounding like a professional singer's.
   "That's no excuse. How do you expect her to concentrate on future clients when she can't even pay attention to her teachers?" Her father said in a gruff voice and she also thought she heard a touch of concern in his voice. "She just needs to pay attention more." Her father continued.
   "Well don't you think it's kind of hard for her because she's—," her mother stopped as if she just suddenly realized Toph was in the room, and she just stopped herself from saying "different." Her mother knew it bothered her, but she didn't say anything because it was true. She was different because she was blind, and therefore couldn't get a job or handle a family business.
   "Err, blind," Her mother stumbled, struggling to find the right words, and her mother knew "blind" didn't bother her because it was true.
   "So. She could still use he ears to listen and use braille to read messages and deeds." Her father argued, sounding more like he wanted her to take over the business someday than let one of his top building designers take over because she was his only heir and therefore the family business would be passed on to her, whether she wanted it or not.
   "Well she's not even old enough to be taking this seriously." Her mother argued, raising her voice a little; it was the first time she had ever heard her mother raise her voice. It made her fell closer to her mother hearing that she had some fight in her like Toph did herself.
   "Hmm," her father said as the cooks came in and set their dinner before them, ending the conversation that had gone on between them.

   After dinner, her handmaidens helped her out of her robe and got her ready for the bed when her father decided it would be best for her to go to bed earlier so that she might pay attention better to her etiquette teacher. Which she thought was absolutely ridiculous. It wasn't about getting more sleep. It was about the teacher who droaned more than teached. But the only way to please her father was to do as he said, for now until she could again fully gain his trust and then slip behind his back and go back to the baby dragon.

P.S. I know I got the character POV's he it of order but it will return to normally after the next two.
   But I hope you all are enjoying.