TWENTY THREE

"Bahari that bitch don't fucking know me," she fussed. "And nigga you know this Keshuna."

"Keshuna?" He reiterated. "The fuck...."

"Yes nigga...heard yo ass been MIA," she said. " I been tryna get in contact with you but it seems like you've changed your number like ten times."

"Why try to get in contact with me?" Bahari frowned confusingly as he looked over at Aaliyah who was telling him to put it on speaker. He hesitated because he didn't know what she might had to say.

"Because....I have a daughter," she said. "Her name Kamiya."

"Congratulations? I mean we ain't that cool for you to be trying to tell me what you been up to but I know you ain't got a lot of friends..."

"Bahari she's you're fucking baby!" She spilled.

His heart dropped to the floor as he looked at Aaliyah. She didn't hear what she said but she knew it wasn't good. "What?"

"Kamiya is going on five and you blocked me from your life," Keshuna informed with a cracked voice. "I know I was a handful but damn!"

"How I know it's mine?"

"You and I both know that I was only with you. Don't try to make it seem
like a ho 'cause I was never that."

Bahari scratched his head. Thinking back, Keshuna was riding for him hard. It was him in the wrong. He got bored of her and was tired of her loud mouth. He thought Aaliyah was what he needed. Pure, smart, ambitious, natural, and one-hundred percent good girl.

"I'm still taking a test," he said. "And I'm flying y'all out to Cali. I ain't coming to Memphis."

He disconnected the call and Aaliyah waited for him to explain himself. "You remember Keshuna?"

"The loud psycho? Yea, I remember her," she said. "What is it?"

"She got a child... I think it's mine," he said. "This was before your time though. She said she's almost five."

"She?" Aaliyah reiterated. She laughed to keep from crying but she was hurt. "You had a little girl, huh? The whole time?"

"I didn't know about the kid until now," he clarified. " I'm tryna tell you that.  You think I would be moving everywhere making sure yo spoiled ass got everything and more if I had a daughter in Memphis?"

"I don't know how to take that," she said as her lips started to quiver.

"I'm saying I would take responsibility of my fucking child like I take responsibility of Braylin and the one growing inside of you. Shit not rocket science. You just being a brat."

"I'm being a brat because you have a child I'm just now finding out about?" she quizzed as her voice cracked. "No, you being an asshole."

"Ian got time for yo bullshit. Always making shit about you," he said waving her off while leaving out. She rolled her eyes and plopped down on her bed.

•••

MEETING KAMIYA GRACE

Bahari was low key nervous about meeting up with Keshuna and Kamiya. He had brought Braylin with him since they were at a trampoline park.