SEVEN

"Distractions will do you in the truest sense"

~DRAKE

Aaliyah was going on five months and her mother couldn't do anything but support her daughter. She was indeed upset that Bahari wasn't going to be in the child's life but she knew she would.

"Dave is talking about getting you car," Andrea said sharing a slice of cake with Aaliyah.

"I wanna Lincoln," Aaliyah smiled. "A black one at that."

"We'll see," she shrugged. "What you think you having?"

"I hope a girl," she smiled rubbing her small bump. "Her name is going to Amber Marie Richardson."

"Got it all planned out, huh?" Andrea chuckled shaking her head. "I wish the father was in-."

"Ma, I don't wanna hear about him whatsoever," she said sternly. "He got him a new girl, he ain't worried about me."

Aaliyah still followed him on social media and saw that he was currently seeing an Asian girl. She was hurt but she felt like it was her fault. She ignored Bahari and he went on to the next.

"I'm just saying," she sighed. "You lying to this mane, talm bout you moved to Texas and you getting an abortion, is only going to make the situation worse."

"This isn't his child," she shrugged. "This is my baby and I'm going to raise her."

•••

Bahari had just finished taking a shower when someone called him. He wrapped his towel around him tightly and put the phone up to his ear. "Hello?"

"You lying ass nigga!" Leon yelled. "You fucked Aaliyah!"

"W-what you talking about?" Bahari asked nervously, Leon through him all the way off.

"Aaliyah about five months pregnant nigga and you ain't thought about coming to see her and she damn near live across the street from you!"

Bahari hung up in Leon's face and sat on his bed to process everything. "What in the actual fuck."

•••

After Leon sent him Aaliyah's address, he was speeding to her house with mixed emotions. He was kind of happy but fury took over-she lied to him.

He rang her doorbell three times and paced her porch until she opened it. She stood there shock as ever as she opened her stone door.

"Open the door," Bahari growled, only for her to shake her head. "Aaliyah open this fucking door before I do it for you!"

"Whatever you gotta say, I can hear you through the door," she said softly. "What is it?"

"You one lying ass motherfucker, you know that," he scolded. "I can't fucking believe you!"

She held an unbothered expression as she rubbed her protruding belly. "Okay, stop yelling at me."

He started to bang on the door, causing her to get scared. "Open this fucking door!"

"Why?!" She snapped. "What could you possibly want in here? Obviously not me and my child. You don't have to be in my baby's life because it's mommy got it's back!"