EIGHT

"Aaliyah," Bahari called out as he put his crutches on the couch. "Let me show you some."

Aaliyah was out of breath from walking from the kitchen to the den since her feet were swollen. "What is it?"

He slowly walked towards her and her face lit up as she hugged him. "Oh my god! I'm so proud of you, baby!"

He smirked as she kissed his neck and chin. He loved for her to kiss all over him, since it was seldom she did so. "Why you don't wanna have sex again?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "I don't want any harm being done to Braylin and I don't wanna go in labor early."

"I did some research and then said it's normal to have have sex," he informed. "It's actually ten times better."

"Well dr. Greer said I shouldn't be having sex when I'm thirty three weeks," she said. "Plus, I be too out of breath and I still find it weird."

"Fuck it," he sighed waving her off. "We got everything we need for the hospital."

"I don't know what outfit I want him to have," she said laying out outfits. "Blue onesie and hat, Gucci jogging suit and hat, or Nike fit?"

"Duh, the Gucci fit," Bahari smiled. "My young nigga gone stay fresh till death."

"Your son?" She corrected. "When are you going to refer to him as your son, he's not a toy."

"I don't know," he shrugged sitting down. "Shit still new to me. You know my intentions wasn't having a baby this young."

She stayed quiet for a moment, before leaving out. Bahari knew he had made her upset, but he couldn't walk that damn good to catch her.

•••

Andrea did Aaliyah's hair that Saturday, since her due date was the upcoming Tuesday. She was doing her hair in small half up half down braids.

"I forgot you lived here," Andrea scoffed while finally doing the front of her head. "I hope you staying home when Braylin born. I already told you I didn't want you over there since you was almost killed."

"Yes ma, I'm staying here," she stressed. "Are you staying here?"

"Yes Aaliyah, I'm staying here," she said smartly then eventually smiled. "Braylin gone be little ole thing, isn't it?"

"Yeah," she smiled rubbing her stomach. "He weighed five pounds the last time I went to the doctor."

"He's going to be a cute little chocolate drop," she cooed. "I can't wait to take him and lil Leon to church with me."

"Wowwww," she laughed. "That's really what you wanna do. Show off my child."

•••

Aaliyah head was hurting so bad, she found it hard to move her head. She started putting the comforter on Braylin's bed that was placed beside her bed.

Leave that front window open for a breeze
Rollin' high and getting faded overseas
He gon' keep me with my toes in the sand
Yeah that's my man and it go down when we land

Bahari came in singing M. I. A. by Tink while she made videos and he started doing what he seen the girls on Snapchat do, making Aaliyah bust out in laughter. "What the hell is wrong with you Bahari?!"

He was walking better without the crutches, so he felt like it was time to go back out on the streets and make his money for himself. He didn't like that Leon had to take over his place of business, it would confuse his workers.