SIX

"I think about us (all day)
Dream about you(always)
Love ain't always complicated"

~NIVEA

"Andrea," nurse Stewart sighed while blocking her.

"What Nyla?" Andrea chuckled because she thought she was trying to play. "I got a patient."

"No," she said steadily trying to block her.

"The patient name is Aaliyah Richardson. Age 16 and weigh about 122 pounds! I don't know if she's making it, doc!"

Andrea started to scream while running to the bed that was rolling. She seen Aaliyah in a breathing tube, unresponsive. "What happened to my baby?!"

"Andrea I need you to stay out her," the doctor said. "It's not a good idea for you to go back here."

Two other nurses held Andrea back as she cried more and more. "What happened?!"

"Ask the gentleman over there," nurse Stewart said pointing in the direction of Bahari.

Andrea charged over with a distressed face expression. "What the fuck happened?! If I ask again, imma get real stupid."

"Excuse me ma'am but who are you?" detective Parker asked arching her eyebrow.

"I am Aaliyah's mother and I believe I wasn't talking to you," she said looking her up and down.

"Mrs. Richardson, Aaliyah was choked out by Aniyah," Bahari said lowly.

"Bullshit," Andrea chuckled with tears coming like waterfalls.

"Ma'am you are aware of you other daughter's mental illness, right?" detective Parker asked.

"Yes But she has been really good," Andre reasoned. "She hate being bipolar so she always take her medicine. Faithfully."

"She is dangerous, Mrs. Richardson," the detective warned. "When we came to take her in she threatened to come back and kill you and Aaliyah. The best option is to send her to a mental hospital and move somewhere safer."

Andrea took a deep breath and started rubbing her temples. "Where did I go wrong with her? She turned out to be everything I raised her not to be."

"Look, I came here to talk to a nurse or doctor about Aaliyah not to be interrogated by you," he mugged the detective. He knew she was trying to bullshit with him since he had fooled around with her back when he was in high school.

"What is Miss. Richardson to you?" The detective asked politely. "Sister?"

Andrea sucked her teeth. "You know damn well that's his girlfriend. How are you asking us questions benefiting my daughter? I just wanna know if she's okay."

"Well I have to ask questions that's mostly what I'm paid to do," she said sarcastically and cut her eyes at Bahari. "Girlfriend I hear?"

Andrea waved them off and sat down in a chair. She prayed and prayed, hoping Aaliyah was okay.

___________