Prolouge: Petals & Thorns (Part 3)

Jake looked out the window of the carriage as they rode along the trail. Dustin rolled his eyes at his little brother. Their father coughed to get the two boys attention.

"Today we are visiting the royal family of Starlight. While we are there you will meet their king, princes, and princess." He said reminding them.

"How old are they?" Jake asked their father.

"Such a stupid question..." Dustin mumbled as the king smiled.

"Excellent question Jake. The prince and princess are twelve years old while their younger brother is three."

"Wow he's younger then me!!" Jake smiled as the king nodded. "Will he be in the meeting thing with us?"

"About that Jake, the king advised me he does not want such young children in our meeting until they are at least eight years of age, and despite how much I would not like that, I will obey to his rule so you will wait outside the room while your brother and me will be in the meeting." He said as they arrived. He saw two staff members waiting outside for them as they bowed to him.

"Welcome your highnesses, I'm am Christine, and this is Richard. We will show you to the conference room where the King and the other royal highnesses are." She said as he nodded following her to the room with his sons behind him. They opened the door for him as the king told Jake to be good walking in as Dustin stuck his tongue out at Jake walking in as they closed the door. Jake sighed walking around the nice halls, it was a lot different then Smok...

Eventually Jake found himself in a new hallway where he saw someone he hadn't seen before... a little prince trying to reach something a little taller then him. He was struggling to grab something so Jake did the only logical thing he thought of. He walked over and picked the prince up so he can grab what he was trying to reach. The little prince squeaked as he looked down to who was holding him up. He looked to him curiously as he grabbed his book as Jake put him down.

"Who are you?" Michael asked him.

"I'm Prince Jake!" He smiled as Michael smiled back shyly fixing his glasses.

"I'm Prince Michael..." he smiled.

"What's that?" Jake asked him pointing at the book.

"Oh! It's a book about fairy tales! My sister got it for me for my birthday!" He smiled sitting down on the small couch in the hall as Jake sat next to him. Michael opened the book happily before frowning.

"What's wrong?"

"I...I don't know what the words say...I can read yet..." he said sadly as Jake looked at the page.

"Oh! I can read it! I'll read it to you!!" He smiled as Michael handed him the book. Jake scooted closer to him as he read him the pages on the book happily.

Later after the meeting was done the two Kings walked out of the room happy with the knowledge they exchanged during their meeting with the kids. Christine was cleaning up the halls when she saw the two small princes and nearly squealed. She grabbed Rich's hand bringing him over as he did the same squeal. They then saw Brooke and Jeremy, with their father and the visiting royals as they motioned for them to come over. Nearly all of them said aww as Dustin rolled his eyes annoyed.

Jake and Michael has fallen asleep while reading, Michael's head on jakes small shoulder his glasses barely on his face and Jake snoring softly his head leaning on top of Michael's happily. His cape had somehow draped onto Michael's shoulders from behind as they snores softly like his cape was a blanket.

"It's so cute!" Brooke squealed quietly.

"Awww" Jeremy and his father said, along with the other king.

"They are so adorable!" Christine said.

"I ship it." Rich said.

"They look stupid." Dustin mumbled as he father glared at Dustin.

"They look like they are going to be very close, wouldn't you agree Elijah?" The king of Smok asked.

"Agreed Samuel. I think this could be the start of a new alliance between our kingdoms, starting with our little princes." He smiled happily as Dustin growled. That stupid little prince was going to ruin everything!! Well he wasn't gonna let him. He was gonna ruin Jake and Michael's relationship if it was the last thing he did.

As the years passed, Jake and Michael only grew closer. Their meetings became more and more frequent as the Kingdoms chose to meet every week and nearly every day, sometimes staying over night. Whenever they stayed overnight Jake and Michael would sneak off to his room to look at the beautiful stars in the sky.

Dustin tried to keep them apart and ruin their relationship, but he was always met with no good results. He hated Michael as much as he hated Jake. He didn't care though, let Jake have the stupid prince, it's not like he was going to be given the kingdom...or so Dustin though.

One night in his kingdom he hear his parents talking in their room.

"It's love! It's beautiful and perfect for us! If Jake gets married to that prince of starlight not only will our kingdoms be united but he will have a proper king to have the throne with."

"But Michael can't have children..."

"It doesn't matter. Jake will Inherit the throne so long as he's alive. I don't care if Dustin is older, I won't let someone like him rule our kingdom. You see what he tries to do how horrible he can be. Dustin will not have this kingdom." He heard his father. Dustin growled going to his room. So if jakes around...he won't get what's rightfully his?

'Not a problem...not a problem at all.' Dustin thought to himself as he started to look into a way to get rid of his brother.

END OF PROLOGUE!

Uh oh! Looks like Dustin's gonna start planning something devious. And it looks like Jake and Michael's love is starting to bloom, it's love at first sight! But will this last?

The next chapter parts will be out soon, and I can't wait to see what you all think >:3

Anyways that's it for now, I hope you liked it and as always I love to get your comments it gives me more motivation to write :D

More to come as the story continues~

1095 Words