Prolouge: Petals & Thorns (Part 2)

In another kingdom, not far from Smok, lived another royal family. The royal family of Starlight. This family was a happy one, with two twin children of nine, Jeremiah and Brooke. The family was happy but one day, the queen was surprised the learn she was going to have a third baby! Her two small children were excited, but her husband...he was worried. She had started to grow ill since she discovered she was pregnant and seemed to get weaker as the weeks went on. Eventually...she went into labor a month too early. The doctors did everything they could...but in the end, only the baby was alive. The king and the two kids were heartbroken...they lost their mother, but they gained a brother. They named him after her father, they named Michael.

~Three Years Later~

Michael smiled as he jumped out of bed happily. It was finally the day! He was three years old! Brooke and Jeremy promised they would play with him today! He ran to his big window struggling to open the curtains when he heard a maid come in.

"Good Morning Young prince!" He smiled helping him open the window.

"Thank you Richie!" He smiled as rich nodded helping him pick an outfit for the day. "Richie do you know what today is!!!"

"I do! It's your birthday! Happy third birthday my prince!" He smiled as Michael hugged him. "Brooke and Jeremy should still be eating breakfast, you better get over there!" He smiled as Michael nodded excited running out of his room through the halls to the banquet room where he saw his brother and sister talking with their father. He waited by the table for them since they must be talking about the kingdom and things he didn't understand.

"Yes father, we will be there later today." Jeremy said to him as their father nodded leaving the room to attend to his own business. Brooke and Jeremy looked to one another and then back to the table as they walked over. Michael smiled running to them.

"Good morning Jeremy! Good morning Brookie!!" Michael smiled as Jeremy and Brooke gave a soft smile picking him up.

"Hey Mikey, just woke up?"

"Yep! Are you two gonna play with me today!" He smiled excited as the two exchanged  nervous looks.

"Uh...we will try to Mikey, you know how hard it is..." he said nervously as Michael nodded excited. It wasn't a no!!

"Why don't you ask Christine for some breakfast? Me and Jeremy will be in our study when your done alright?" Brooke smiled as he nodded running to the kitchen. Brooke sighed looking to Jeremy. "Jere...I don't know if we will be able to play with him today...father expects us to be in the town center by three!" She whispered.

"I know but he's just so excited I didn't want to break his heart...maybe we can find time before we have to leave to play a quick game. Let's get to our study we need to finish everything for later." He said as they went to their study.

Once Michael finished his breakfast he ran to their study seeing Brooke. He ran over to her smiling.

"Brookie! Can we please play Hide and Seek! Plwaseeee!!!!" He said in his cute voice. Brooke smiled looking at the clock...they weren't leaving for a while still.

"Okay Mikey, we can play. You can hide and I'll seek, okay?" She smiled as he squealed nodding.

"Count to 100!" He smiled as she nodded closing her eyes as she could hear his tiny feet run out of the room. After she finished counting she started to look for him knowing he must be hiding in a place not too far away. She looked around the hallway when she heard her brother run to her.

"Brooke! We have an emergency!" He said worried. Brooke looked to him worried as he handed her a paper that had the event they were going to on it. "Dad got the times wrong! We have to leave now if we are to make it in time!" He said worried. "The carriage is outside let's go!" He said as she nodded running with him to make it on time, forgetting about the game she was playing with Michael.