Chapter 37

O P H E L I A 'S   P O V

"Okay, I think I've maybe found another one. Loiland University is what it's called. Located about an hour from the house," I told Levi from across the room as I looked up from the laptop.

He insisted that I came to work with him. That way, he said that he could multitask and do his work while finding a college for me to attend by next Monday.

The movement of Levi's pen stopped on the paper as he leaned back in his chair, rubbing the stubble of his chin, "Loiland, you say? I've never heard of it, meaning that it can't be anything special. I want you to go someplace where I know that you'll be in good hands." He explained.

I sighed as I gently closed the lid of the laptop, "Why are you so picky? I've listed the names of seven colleges to you already and you haven't okayed any of them," I whined childishly.

He sighed at my tone, going back to his work, "I want you to be somewhere where I know that they'll make something good out of you, not just an average community college," He grumbled.

I bit my lip, mentally scolding myself for my whining when he was doing his best. "I know you're just trying to help but any place for a good price is fine," I walked over to him, sitting in the chair directly in front of his desk.

"See?" He pointed the end of his pen at me. "That's where you went wrong. A good price isn't good enough."

Before I can get a word in, he continued, "It's 12:15 already," He looked at his watch. He pulled out a slip of paper and scribbled something on it before handing it to me, "Here, take this to the lunchroom and get a proper meal. Cut straight to the front of the line and just hand them this note, any problems, call me." He said distractedly as he looked back down at his computer and the documents scattered all across the desk.

I shrugged and stood up, rounding his desk to his side when he beckoned me over with two fingers. Holding on to the back of my neck, he pulled me down to meet his lips in a simple, sweet kiss, "Hurry back." He said as he smacked my bum as I walked away, resulting in me sending him, what I hoped, was a deadly glare.

I made my way down to the elevator, a few people looking at me weirdly when I exited the golden one which was only for Levi's use.

"Hey, Ms. Alton!" I greeted happily as I stopped by her desk.

She looked up from her work and smiled, "Hey, dear. Need anything?" She asked.

I immediately shook my head, "Nope, Levi just sent me to get lunch, want me to bring you anything?" I asked politely.

She seemed surprised momentarily before she masked it, "No, but thanks for asking, sweetheart. Run along," She shooed kindly.

"Bye!" I smiled as I practically skipped my way to the lunchroom.

My steps slightly faltered as I reached the large, crowded area. I had never been here before, and I really didn't expect it to be this populated. What happened to people bringing food from home to work? Deciding to not be judgemental, I made slow calculated steps to the line.

When Levi told me to go directly to the front, I wasn't exactly planning to listen since that would be rude. But now standing here, it would take me at least an hour to get to the front with the length of the line. I knew that Levi would get angry if I was back any later than he expected me to, so with a heavily beating heart, I slowly went to the front.

"Hey, can't you see that there's a line?" I heard a voice ask. I chose to ignore the other rude and snarky comments that people threw at me as I walked.