I went outside and walked around the entire premises two times before leaning against the building wall somewhere near the entrance.

"Want one?" i turned my head to see a guy in his 20's. He held a cigarette out to me and i shook me head, "i don't smoke"

"that's a first" he said, his voice was soft and deep

"if i die, i don't want it to be because i killed myself"

He didn't say anything after that, yet as i stared ahead at the road something came over me and i turned around, pulling the cigar from his lips, i took a puff. I instantly coughed, i took another puff before returning it to him. "Keep it" he said yet i didn't like it, the flavor still coated my tongue and left a stinging sensation at the back of my throat. I dropped it to the ground and put it out with my shoe. "Why are you here?" he asked as he lit another cigarette, "you shouldn't smoke so much" i told him before looking away to stare ahead, "my boyfriend got hurt". 

"You're gay?" he asked and i nodded, "what about you? why are you here?". 

"My cousin broke his arm" he answered bluntly and i pursed my lips, not knowing what else to say. "Do you know what time it is?" i asked, i turned to face him and he checked his phone "almost 7 am". "I have to go then" i told him before leaving and going back inside the building. I went back into Rune's room and felt relieved to find that Malee wasn't there. I walked back inside feeling refreshed. 

"She left? Already?" i asked him anyway, "yeah, why? did you want something with her?" he asked, the annoyance clear in his tone. I shrugged as i walked over to notice a red stain on the skin right below his ear. Maybe it was a bruise? I wasn't that stupid, i reached over rubbed the skin with my finger, the red color smearing. "You got a little something there, you sure you didn't want something with her?" i asked before taking a seat, i wasn't going to show him how it bothered it and if he didn't think it was wrong then i had nothing to say to him. 

I pulled my phone out, plugging it into the charger i'd gotten from my walk and decided to watch a video, "its not what you-" my phone buzzed and i quickly answered. 

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Art"

"Art? why are you calling me at this time?"

"You weren't answering at your place, did you want to get some breakfast together?"i looked at the time, it was already 7:30 am. I looked at Rune who wore an irritated expression and i couldn't care less at the moment.

"Its okay if you are with someone right now"

"No, i'm alone, i'll come over to yours then"i hanged up and grabbed my bloodied sweater, the stain would be difficult to get out. 

"Where are you going?"

"Did you not hear me over the phone?"

"You can't just go, didn't you say-"

"Ask Malee for help,"

"i don't want her, i want you"

"You're sick, just rest, maybe i will call Malee and tell her to bring you whatever you need, its not my job, i saved you, that's enough isn't it? You wont die without me"

"You're my boyfriend"

"Not anymore, i leave for one second and you are already getting it on with someone, god knows what else you did"

"I told you it isn't what you think"

"Okay, good for you"

"I like you, not her, i don't know why she kissed me there... Just stay with me" i turned to face him, my heart churning at his sad expression. I walked over and lightly pecked his lips, "no one can kiss you but me". "If i wasn't in this condition right now, i'd be fucking you right now" 

"More like the other way around"he scoffed, "you really think so?"

"Oh don't tell me you didn't like me fucking you, you say you don't but your body said otherwise"

"Don't get me horny if you wont be able to take care of it"

"I could but i wont, maybe Malee is up for it"

"I told you nothing happened" 

"I know, i just don't like her, why do you always need her help when you get hurt?"

"Well, i don't like Art but you still talk with him"

"Am i not allowed to?"Rune raised a brow and i bit my lip, "not the same" i muttered and he scoffed, i looked away before sitting down. "He's a guy, he might try to take you from me" he said and i chuckled, "he's straight" 

"you sure?"

"What about you? You're bisexual aren't you, you might try to get with Malee or some other girl"

"i don't want anyone but you"

"Don't say shit like that, it makes me cringe" Rune laughed, "ouch, it hurts to laugh" he said as he inhaled sharply. I shook my head before extending the couch into a bed and falling into a deep, much needed, sleep. 

Rune

1 week had already gone by, the pain had subsided for the most part and the wounds had mostly healed. Though my leg and arm were still in a cast, i was still in a much better condition. 

I returned to the dorm today and felt much better, the hospital just made me feel nauseous even though iv'e been there too often to count. 

"I'm going to class, call me if you need me" Tan said and i nodded, carefully sitting on my bed. I lay on my back and stared at the ceiling, i was bored out of my mind and i couldn't do anything productive, i hated feeling useless like this. All i could do was rest and do nothing, all because of that mother fucker. I'd worked hard to get that information about him and then it was gone with the wind. Cheng De was dead. I had no information. I had nothing. I was back to square one-again. I was tired of going into these continuous 360's. But i still had one thing. I limped to my bag and pulled out my torn sweater, i dug my hand into the pockets and pulled out a ID card. Wayne's ID card. Sure i'd almost died trying but at least i did something for once. I quickly called Jord, one of my fathers men. 

"I need to run a profile, come pick me up at X college and bring a car" i hanged up and made my way to the lobby to meet Jord. "Stop looking at me like that" i said to Jord in annoyance, he instantly looked away. "I'm just wondering what he'll say if he knows his son was beaten up," he said as he turned his attention back to the screen. "Do you think he'd care?" i asked and he shook his head, "if you mean about his reputation, then yes he would" i thought so.

"I got it" Jord exclaimed after a few minutes, he turned the screen towards me and indeed it was him, everything was on that screen. 

"Print it for me"

I took the papers from him and stuffed them into my pocket, "you can let my father know i have found him".

I left the place in an Uber and walked back to my room, all i had to do now was get rid of this stupid cast on my arm and leg, then i could kill him myself. I was really going to do this, yet there was an odd heaviness in my chest.

Tan

"You need to go shower, you smell so bad" i told Rune, pushing him away from me. 

"Do i?" he asked as he sniffed his shirt, he immediately recoiled. "You're right" he admitted and he limped in his crutches to the bathroom. I looked back at the TV.

Bang

I jumped and ran to the bathroom to find Rune on the ground.

--------------------------

Thank you for reading this far!