"Hating yourself and blaming yourself didn't make your situation any better did it?"

"Just go away"

"No, i'm not going anywhere, especially with you in this condition. I was waiting all night, don't expect me to just go, if i ever get in this type of situation, you better do the same for me"

"You waited here? The entire time?"

"No, never mind, do you need water? i'll go get you some" i quickly ran out of the room and sat down on one of the chairs, taking my time to calm my heart. What was i saying in there? i sounded like an idiot, iv'e basically ruined my entire image in front of him. I stood up and walked back inside, stopping dead in my tracks. Standing in the room beside Rune was that same old lady i'd met at Dao's grave. I had to know who she was. I walked inside and she turned to me, a look of surprise on her face. "You two know each other? She's my grandma" Rune said whilst looking at me, i nodded. "We met at my sisters grave," i told him and he turned to her. 

"You know his sister? How?" he asked her and she smiled, "how do you know this young man?" she asked him instead and he rested his hand on mine, "he's my boyfriend" and i bit back a smile. I didn't think he'd admit that to his grandma of all people, i expected her to be angry but she wasn't, "that's lovely" she said and she sounded genuine. "You never answered me" Rune told her and she took a seat, "you're sister was a very lovely girl, she would always talk to me and she always had these funny stories to tell me. She used to work for me as a part timer to help me. She'd spend hours every week taking care of me and helping me go out on walks with her...she was very dear to me. When i heard she'd passed away, i was devastated, i didn't know who her family was, she didn't share that with me but i loved her like a daughter" she finished as she dried her tears with a tissue. 

"Ma'am, he wants you to return" a man said once he walked in, he was dressed in a black suit. He and his friend who joined him appeared to be people who fell out of the 'men in black' movie. The grandmother turned to Rune and gently patted his head, "take care of yourself".

"Isn't your dad going to come in?" i asked him and he shook his head, "do you really think he would?". I remained silent and took a seat, "where is the water you promised me?" i looked up, confused as to what he meant and then it dawned on me,"i'll go now" i got up and headed to the door. "Don't go" he said, his hands stretched towards me when he barely had the energy to hold or grab anything. "Are you sure?" he nodded and i sat back down, "tell me if you need anything". Rune closed his eyes and i could only stare at him, he looked exhausted and sickly. His usually brownish skin was much paler, his cheekbones and jawline were more more prominent. The yellowing bruises and stitched up cuts covered his face like a mask. The rest of his body was in no better condition, i carefully took his hand in mine and felt my heart drop at the sight of his cut up and bruised knuckles. I gently pressed my lips to them. I pulled away and found Rune's eyes staring back at me, no matter how bruised and wounded he was, he was still beautiful. 

I stood up and rested my arm on one side of his head before i kissed him. I kept it gentle, afraid to hurt him. Yet he pressed his lips closer to me with much more urgency, i reciprocated, sliding my tongue between his parted lips. He tasted like copper accented with something sweet, sure it didn't sound appealing but the feeling of his lips against mine, sucking and pulling only made it harder to pull away. At this point i was intoxicated by his lips and i couldn't get enough, he was like a glass of wine that only got better and better.

"Rune!"i quickly pulled away from him, turning around to see, off all people, Doctor Malee. She rushed over, barely acknowledging me as she pushed me aside to get a better look at Rune. I felt annoyed by her but i didn't show it, she was just concerned. I sat down as she bombarded Rune with never ending questions, i took my time to wonder why the fuck Rune was in that club after the last time he got beat up there. I couldn't get an answer to any of it. At least 20 minutes had gone by since Malee had come and she didn't seem to be leaving anytime soon. I got up and decided to go outside for a walk, the hospital smell and the sickness around me was really affecting me. I quietly made my way to the door, "where are you going?" Rune called after me and i turned around "i'll be back" i said before leaving.