Chapter Fourty-Six

Magsimula sa umpisa

" That's not the measurement of loving someone. "

" Then what is, Hanbin?! " My voice raised. " How you measured your love for Sandra? You left her... You left Sandra, right? You could've asked for our help, Hanbin. Do you want me to leave Lisa too? That's what you want to happen? And after what? If she already found someone, that is the time I will run to her when everything is already over? I don't want to be a desperate, miserable mess like you. "

He lowered his eyes to the ground, pain evident in his eyes

My jaw dropped open at the realization of all the things I've said. "I... Hanbin, I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said. "

His face dropped even more. He stood from his seat and walked away. I had hurt him already aching feelings. It was such a bitchy move. Right now that his girl is on danger and the baby. I knew he only meant well but those horrible things I said to him was unforgivable.

After a few minutes of waiting there and regretting every word I said to Hanbin, the doctor went out of the emergency room. Hanbin returned exactly. His eyes were red from crying and I felt so bad.

He asked the doctor if Sandra was okay and the doctor said they closed her cervix and successfully stopped the bleeding but they still have to get some test to find out if the fetus was still there. Hanbin looked devastated as ever when he heard what the doctor said about the baby. The doctor let him in to look for Sandra and I waited outside. It only took a few minutes for him to come out of the room, his eyes redder and puffier than before.

"How is she?" I asked when he got outside the room.

"Take care of Hanbin. I already called her cousin, Dahyun, she's on her way. Please don't leave her. " He said and quickly face his back on me.

"Where are you going?" I asked but he ignored me. Little did I know, that would be our last conversation for a long time.

Lisa's POV

I held the cold pack to my reddish cheeks after taking a shower. I winced and groaned when I touched my bruise, that came from her strong slap. My face was awfully painful. If it weren't for Jennie, I would fought back. But I know I am the one who went wrong here. I deserved this.

I needed to fix things between us and Hanbin. If I had to get slapped everyday, I would gladly accept those slaps if that meant he'd forgive me and let me be with Jennie. Those weeks when Jennie went back to the hacienda and left me here was the worst thing I had ever experienced. I would like to be Hanbin's punching bag than being away from Jennie.

I turned on the TV to kill time but my mind wandered on Jennie again. I was planning on asking Bobby for her hand in marriage, you know the old style way, the way he wanted. I called my parents and told them about it. Charlotte was excited. After bringing Jennie in our mansion to introduce her to my parents, she would invite Jennie out for lunch or go shopping with her without me knowing. I only found out about it when I got home from a late night meeting and mom was in my unit, she was teaching Jennie to make one of my favorite food, bouillabaisse. She adored Jennie, she said she was the daughter she never had. And Marco being the logical man she was, said I should think about it but after Charlotte convinced her that Jennie would make a good daughter-in-law he just went with it and let my mother have her way.

The phone rang and i reached for it on the coffee table. Dahyun's name was on the screen.

"Hey, what's up?" I said when I answered the phone.

"Hanbin had an accident." Dahyun said in an urgent tone. My body straightened.

" What? What kind of accident?"