1

' Stories can conquer fears
you know . They can make
the heart bigger '
                             ~ BEN OKRI

CHAPTER # 1

I was walking down the rusty road at 1 , silence and a sheet of darkness surrounding me , stars twinkling in the sky and the moon stretching it's light all over the streets of NewYork , the only thing making sound in this empty boulevard were the crunching of dried leaves under my boots .

I was just 2 blocks away from my villa.

It was a chilly night as the wind was hustling around , I wrapped my jacket tighter around my waist to protect from the cold when a brown leave hit me on my nose I scrunched up in irritation and threw it on the ground .

Suddenly I heard a rustling sound from behind me , all my senses were now widely alert .

I stopped right away , it was weird as my street has always been very vacant at the middle of the night , so who could it be ?

Rather than turning around and being the scardy cat that I am , I hurried my pace , as the sound escalated like someone was walking or rather matching my speed which gave me chills and goosebumps all over , so instead of going straight , I took a sharp turn to my right into an empty lane .

A dumb decision indeed .

That someone was still following me , i could feel it , I did want to turn around and face it but for some reason my instincts were indicating to run for life .
When I felt it just near me , I screamed loudly and ran as fast as I could , breathing in heavily, I reached the end of a cliff.

The next steps could take me directly into heaven.

Where should I go now , i had no idea where I was whilst running I reached this place I barely knew .

With sweat beads on my forehead , swallowing my saliva and tightly shutting my eye lids , I built up courage and slowly turned around .

I certainly did not want to die , not today atleast .

I could feel someone's presence , hear their breathing , the heat radiating , giving me shivers to my core .

As I was about to open up my eyes , to  fully register the follower .....

I felt a large amount of water thrown on my face making me disbalanced and I felt as if I was about to fall off the cliff , when I jolt up , and screamed my lungs out .

Water ..... ???

In confusion I opened up my eyes to register my surroundings and I was not in my jacket or boots but rather under a comfy , now wet spongebob comforter and not by the cliff but on my mahogany bed in my room .

I rubbed my eyes , with a frown etched on my face , still not understanding what had just happen .

I was pulled out of my reverie from the voice of someone laughing like a maniac .

And .

There on my right was my little sister Olivia standing and laughing with one hand on her stomach and the other holding up a red now empty bucket because all of its contents were splashed rather cruely on me .

I spat the water out and picked up my wet pillow , throwing it directly at my aim .

She threw my favorite pillow off of her face and tried to stifle her laughter , key word tried  ,
" you should have seen your face " ,
" you looked scared as shit , just the same when in 4th grade you were told that Boogeyman is very real".
She guffawed even louder .

Ughhhhh

That Boogeyman really gave me the creeps , I hate that day till now and that's why I never step out of my bed in the middle of the night in fear of getting pulled by someone from under the bed .

I rolled my eyes and pushed my now wet blonde hair out of my face . "Well I was having a nightmare , and was about to discover the .... " ,

" leave all that , who the hell throws a bucket full of water on someone like that and that too in winter !!"
I intended to screamed but it came out as whining , I was literally feeling cold now , I might catch a flu soon .

Putting her hand on her hips , the bucket now on the floor , she looked down at me
" first of ; it's not winter yet , it's fall , second ; I have much more constructive work to do than throwing water at people , but I was instructed to by mom as she wanted you up and ready , and ..."

" You could've just splattered a few drops of water on my face rather than a whole bucket " I interrupted accusingly .

" It's for your own good Madame Amelia , if you will your highness , just look at your left on your royal side table at your enchanting clock that it is already past 11 , and if you don't remember , let me remind you , today is Thursday " , " ring a bell " .

It took a few minutes to recall all the events of today and indeed ....

" oh shit , I'm late ."

                              ***

WELCOME TO THE FIRST CHAPTER , OF DISASTER AT THE WEDDING 🌸

EXCITED TO READ YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS ....
Please , before changing the chapter , do press the star below ....

LOVE LOVE  😘

Instagram handle ;
journeyoflife515

Instagram handle ; journeyoflife515