[12] Captains

Five updates today wtf I-

Reader POV

I walked next to Langris to the Wizard King's chambers, him moving closer to me in fear that I would collapse again.

"You really should let me push you around in a wheelchair," he said.

"No," I said. "I'm fine, really."

"Right. That's why I was assigned to watch you." He sighed in frustration. "What the hell does the Wizard King event want?"

We were about to find out, that was for goddamn sure.

I took a seat next to the other captains who were confused as to why they were summoned so quickly.

"I thought this meeting was for captains only?" Nozel said as soon as Langris opened the door for us.

Julius nodded and I was shocked to see him in the body of a 12-year-old. "It is. Take a seat, (y/n). Thank you for bringing her, Langris."

"No problem," he said. "But I'm staying."

"Very well. Close the door behind you."

Langris did as he was told and sat down next to me near our captain.

"As you know, Miss Korenthan showed us her magic abilities last night and how she was able to quickly stop her counterpart from basically wiping humanity from existance," he paused and a few nervous laughter came from the captains.

Julius folded his hands on the table, excitement in his eyes. "Well, go on Marx! Tell them!"

Marx nodded and took a step forward. "What Lord Julius is saying is that he wants to offer you a job as a captain, Korenthan."

This made the room go silent.

I looked to my captain and he only smiled back at me, a resting bitch face on him. "Captain?"

"You heard him, (y/n)."

"But why me?"

"You've more than proven yourself."

I shook my head, clenching my right fist.

Langris squeezed my other hand, feeling my worried state. "(y/n)? Are you alright?"

I looked at him briefly before addressing the rest. "I appreciate the offer, Lord Julius. But I'm afraid I have a promise to my people. I am the only surviving heir to House Korenthan. I must decline the offer to become a captain of a squad."

He sighed and shot a look at Langris, a smile on his face. "I thought you'd say that. Which is why I'm offering you a job here. Your kingdom currently is being attacked by the Spade kingdom which is also on the brink of attacking us and the Heart Kingdom."

"WHAT!!?"

"Mars just came back from his journey with Fana and they explained it to us," he said. "As of right now, the Spade Kingdom has killed off two of the now eight Shining Generals. By the kingdom of Spade, I mean a man named Zenon Zongratis of the Dark Triad."