Six-

A/N: So, I've finally decided to update. My chapters never come out quite right on my regular computer, so I'm using my brother's laptop. Plus, I've been listening to Gangnam Style for about thirty minutes now. But, I realize that it's time to get serious - like, very serious.  Because, this chapter might be just a bit intense. Nothing too bad, though - so it's all good. I dedicate this chapter to MeAndNoOneElse because she's a total sweetheart, that's why. The song for this chapter is Restless Heart Syndrome by Green Day. It's getting kind of hard to pick out songs to fit - maybe  I'm just being a little too picky, though. Gah, more ramble. Anywho, enjoy this installment of Light On. c:

"I need to find a place to hide. You never know what could be waiting outside. The accidents that you could find; it's like some kind of suicide."

"We love you!!"

"Marry me!"

"We'll have pretty babies!!!"

Niall kept his eyes squeezed shut as he was being shoved through the crowd by the security guards. The screaming made his ears ring, his head throb - he just wanted to go inside, and get ready for the concert. He felt Liam's hand lock with his, and he finally peeled his eyes open. Once his blurry vision faded, he yanked his hand away from Liam's - trying his hardest to ignore the hurt look on his mate's face.

But, once he saw his worst nightmare standing there, holding onto a little girl's hand, Liam's feelings weren't necessarily his top priority.

Niall would recognize that man anywhere - even if he looked like a normal person, he would never get the image out of his head. The scarred face, the chipped teeth, the missing finger - that was him, alright. Niall had never seen one person look even slightly similiar to this man. He was sure he never would.

The thing was, the little girl looked like an angel. She had big, green eyes, and red hair that stuck out like flame. She was probably only about eight or nine years old. She wore a cute, polka-dotted skirt, and a One Direction T-Shirt. She was smiling; revealing a mouthful of pink and purple braces. Her face was covered in freckles, but no imperfections whatsoever - no scars, no spots. She was short and skinny - hardly any traces of a stomach. She looked happy - the happiest person Niall had ever seen, that was for sure.

When Niall made eye contact with the all-too familiar stranger, he immediately clutched back onto Liam. Liam gently rubbed Niall's back as he pushed past the other boys, and backstage. He pushed the door open, and Niall broke away from him to run to the bathroom.

Liam sighed, and ran his hand through his tangled hair. The other boys came strutting in, and Louis looked around in confusion, "Where did Niall head off to?"

Liam sighed, "Restroom."

Inside the cubicle, Niall was sitting on the floor, holding his head. This, was bad. Harry was going to tell everyone with ears that he liked guys, while one of the world's biggest homophobes was standing there, in the crowd.

A sudden knock on the door of the cubicle startled him. Liam's smooth voice rang through his ears, "Ni? Niall, are you okay?"

Niall wanted to bail. He didn't want to do this stupid concert. Surely, the lads could do it without him? Not like he would go home - if he did, and Harry got injured, he would never forgive himself. He would probably just stay backstage, and say he was ill - which, technically, wasn't a lie considering he felt like he was about to purge.

He got to his feet, and flushed the toliet to make it look like he was actually using it. He opened the stall door, to come face-to-face with Liam. He was immediately brought into a hug, and he let out a tiny squeak, "Ni, what's the matter?"

Niall frowned - was he really that obvious? Liam released him, and Niall tried to smile at him, "Li, I'm fine. I was just using the bathroom."

"Well, that's good," Liam shrugged. "Now, come on - someone's here to speak with us."

That someone turned out to be none other than Simon Cowell - who was currently being hugged on by Louis, Zayn, and Harry.

You've got to be kidding me!

Now, Niall loved Simon just as much as the others did. But, at the moment, as horrible as it sounded, Niall wished he would just...go away. Simon was a busy man - everyone knew that. He didn't come to their concerts often, and when he did, he was on a break from a work. So, this was obviously quite the big deal.

Niall clutched at Liam's arm, and whispered a bit harshly, "What's he doing here?"

Liam just shrugged his broad shoulders, "I'm not really sure. Maybe it's just because he has nothing better to do tonight?"

Niall doubted it.

There was no way he could back out now - he had to do this concert. He had no choice. He sucked it up, and made his way to the dressing rooms - the sooner this started, the sooner it all ended, after all.

~-~-~

Liam's heart was throbbing.

He wasn't sure exactly why, but he felt like he couldn't let Harry do this - he just couldn't. It wasn't that he was worried about their reputation. Well, he was - but, he was more concerned about Niall's perception on this.

Why his blond mate was so anxious about this, he didn't know - but he knew he didn't like it.

With burning legs, and a cool sweat lathering his face, Liam knew that he had to do something about this; and quick. His curly-haired mate stood beside him, microphone in hand, ready to expose his biggest secret to the entire world. No damn way - no way was Liam going to let this happen. He was determined.

As Harry was stepping forward, edging just the slightest bit closer to Zayn, Liam jerked his foot out.

Harry, not seeing the hazard in front of him, stubbed his foot on something. He looked down, or rather fell down - and, the next thing he knew, he was falling face-first onto the stage. He felt a warm, thick liquid dribble from his nose, and down his face. His ankle seemed to be throbbing in pain, and he couldn't even stand back up. He had fallen on stage before, sure - but never before had he gotten hurt. At least not this bad.

Gasps rang all throughout the arena. Harry felt a hand grab onto his wrist, he could tell by the grasp that it was Zayn. He was being eased of the floor, but let out a low howl of pain when too much weight was put on his foot.

Louis slid his arm around Harry's other shoulder, and with Zayn's help, got him off the floor. Without sending another glance at the crowd, the helped carry him backstage - where loads of body gaurds and even some medical people were waiting.

After saying their sincere apologies to the audience, Liam and Niall rushed backstage. Liam was practically oozing guilt - but, maybe, that was the right decision to make. 

Accept when he found out that Harry's ankle was sprained.

And his nose had not yet stopped gushing blood. 

Maybe...that was a mistake...

A/N: Short, yes, but I promise the next will be longer. x