46

*A/N this is still book two. I'm ending their story with book two which may or may not have an epilogue. Book three will not happen any time soon.😅

*a/n Some Don't Heal is the sequel! please check it out🥺

A few days later, maybe a week

"Kárri just fell asleep," he said as he came downstairs. He saw that she was standing by the dining table going through some papers and decided to see what they were since she was so focused on them.

He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, planting a kiss on her cheek as he swayed her to the jazz music in the background.

"What are you looking at?" he asked, wanting to give her another kiss after seeing how she exhaled tiredly, but she moved her head to the side to avoid him. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, wondering what he did wrong this time.

"What's the meaning of this?" she asked, giving him a glare.

"Of what?" He asked, trying to kiss her again but she stepped away from his hold.

"This?" She said, showing him the estate papers. He scratched the back of his neck, taking a step back because she was going to explode at any moment and he wouldn't blame her if she did.

"Property sales?" he said but it sounded like a question.

"Thanks for that very useful piece of information, Captain Obvious," she hissed, tossing the mail on the table and crossing her arms across her chest. "Explain yourself."

"Well, you see..." he said, scratching his brow to find the perfect words. She wasn't supposed to find out until after a few more days while he got her surprise ready.

"Yeah, I see. In fact, I see it written here that you are selling my house without consulting me first. What the hell?" she snapped.

"We spoke about it."

"Which part of talking about it gave you the right to put it on the market?" she asked. "How did you even manage to get it right without my signature?"

"I may know someone," he mumbled, making her jaw drop.

"Oh my- I don't believe this. This is a joke, right?" she asked, but he looked anywhere else but at her. "So just because you know a few guys and can make a few phone calls, next thing I know I'm homeless?"

"Homeless? Who said anything about you being homeless, babe?" he asked softly, his voice giving her butterflies but she wasn't giving in.

"That's what you are when you no longer have a house to your name," she said through gritted teeth.

She saw how he bit his lower lip and smirked, making her roll her eyes at his audacity.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, you rascal," she scolded, a small smile on her face. "I can't stand you," she said with a giggle when he pulled her closer and squeezed her butt.

"I still don't understand why you're mad though," he said lowly, kissing her neck. She tilted her neck to give him more space and he knew he'd won her over.

"Move in with me," he whispered as he continued kissing her neck, slowly moving towards her ear, making her moan.

"You're not listening to me," she whined, with no attempt of stopping him or pulling away.

"It's kinda hard, to be honest."

"No, no, no," she shook her head, stepping a couple feet away from him. She stared at him and smiled, despite trying hard not to. "You're sly and you know exactly how to get me."

He chuckled, glad that he knew her. It was fun getting to learn about her body and what turns her on.

"Look, we spoke about us being together. And I wanna make it permanent. We don't really need two houses, do we?"

"Then why not sell yours and move in with me?" she asked, knowing very well she'd move into his house at the drop of a hat.

"Which one is easier to move things from? Yours that has absolutely no clothes and toiletries left because, ahem," he pointed to the stairs, "they are all up there. Or mine, that has all your belongings, plus Kárri's, plus mine?"

"Stop making sense, I'm trying to stay mad at you," she huffed, trying to think of another argument point. "Why didn't you tell me beforehand?"

There were so many things at stake. Of course she wondered if they'd break up one day. And what she'd do then. And sometimes it scared her that they were moving a little too fast.

But he found ways to assure her that he wanted to be with her. And even though she trusted that he got her and would always take care of her and Kárri, there was still that small, insignificant, insecure little part that tormented her.

She allowed him to hold her with her back to his chest. She felt safe, and taken care of. In that moment, she knew that they were in this for the long haul.

"You know my intentions. I want to take our relationship seriously. I mean, at this point we're already married," he said with a chuckle. She rolled her eyes, unable to hide her smile. "I wanna live with you. Go to sleep with you and wake up next to you. And when we have an argument and you want your space, you can lock yourself in our bedroom."

She laughed, remembering their little misunderstanding in the morning which resulted in her locking Karri and herself in the bedroom. He had to go buy brownies and bribe her to open the door and let him in.

He turned her around to look at him. "I want the only place you run off to when you're mad at me to be any of the rooms here. That way, I won't be too worried because you're within reach while still having your space."

"I assure you that when we argue, I won't be the one moving out of your bedroom," she smiled, knowing that she had this one over him.

"And that's why we have a pull-out couch," he winked, laughing at how fast her smile disappeared.

"Not fair," she whined, pushing him away.

"Also, you might want to start changing some of your vocabulary," he said as she started folding the papers away.

"What's wrong with what I say?" she asked briskly. She stepped in front of him when he was done filing the papers away and tilted her head for him to continue.

"I'm saying that you might want to start replacing 'my' and 'yours' with 'ours'," he said as his hands ran up and down her arms, feeling the goosebumps.

She felt butterflies erupt in the pit of her stomach when the weight of his words settled in. "What do you mean?"

"Everything that's mine is yours," he said with a winning smile.

"Yours, mine and ours," she sang, a grin spreading over her face.

"Exactly. I want to go down this journey with you." He kissed her forehead as she mindlessly played with the buttons on his shirt.

"Does that mean I get to use your toothbrush freely now?" She asked, chuckling at the incident that occurred a few days ago.

He threw his head back as he laughed, remembering what had happened. He almost lost his shit when he woke up and found that his toothbrush was already wet. When he asked her about it, she threw him a smile over her shoulder and all his annoyance evaporated.

She stared at him with a helpless, hopeless smile on her face as she watched him laugh. There was one thought on her mind as he looked at her again with an equally huge smile. Their eyes seemed to have a conversation of their own as the infectious grins played on their faces.

"I love you," they spoke at the same time, stunning each other silent.