39

a/n first person pov, but it fits so i left it as is. please vote and comment what you think about it 😁😅

I immediately cut the call and speed dialed Kiano, cursing when he didn't pick up. I tried again and again, all the while Kárri's crying getting to my last nerves. I don't blame her for crying, but this is seriously not the time.

Without wanting to prolong it further, I called an uber. While it's on the way, I picked her up and packed her nappy bag and bottle. The driver arrived in under 2 minutes. The drive to Stailene's place took roughly five minutes. Enough to think of and come up with ways that made me want to kill Nadia for even thinking about Kiano in such a manner.

"Jane, hi?" She greeted me when the door opened and I walked in with Kárri in one arm and the bag in my other.

"I hope I'm not disturbing," I say in a rush. I know I should have called ahead of time, but everything was too fast.

"Not at all. What's up?" she asked as she placed the bag on the floor and caressed Karri's cheek.

"I need to leave Kárri here for a while, is that okay?" I ask, trying to keep my voice steady. On the inside I was boiling.

She made a beeline for Kárri, seeing my frantic state. "What's the matter?"

I bit my lip, wanting to head out and find the bitch myself. Who knows what she'd up to? "Kiano's not answering his phone."

"He went to the gym with Cameron, maybe that's why it's off," she reasoned. She has finally decided to fall asleep in someone else's arms. Traitor. I smile at Karri's sleeping face.

"Nadia is back. She called me."

"What'd she want?" She hissed quietly.

"I have to find out. And I am afraid Kiano will fall into her trap," I admit, scratching my arm until it's red.

"Listen, my brother is loyal. So even if she does attempt to temp him, she'll just embarrass herself," she said, laying Kárri down on the couch before turning to me. "Go get your man. Karri is in safe hands."

I smiled at that, the tears in my eyes about to fall. She notices and gives me a hug which I instantly accept. That's when I catch sight of a black shiny thing on top of the book shelf. A gun. Clearing my throat, I look at her.

I trust her. Now she has to trust me.

"Stailene, could I perhaps have an extra t-shirt?"

"No problem, just wait here," she says, running up the stairs to her room. I quickly get on my toes and reach for it, clicking it to see if it's loaded, which it is. I jump back on my feet and slip it securely into the waistband of my jeans, covering it with my shirt.

"Stailene, I'm leaving now."

"What about the shirt?" she asked, already making her way down with it in hand.

"It's okay. Thank you though," I say, kissing Kárri's forehead before looking up at the stairs where she's standing looking confused.

"Take my car," she said, and I knew I was going to do something reckless.

"It might not come back in one piece," I half-smiled.

"As long as you do," she says, and I know she means it. I take the keys and my fingers tremble. I'm really doing this?

"Take care of Kárri for me," I say, holding eye contact for a while to make sure she knows in what way I mean that.

"Be safe and come back with my brother," is the last thing I hear before closing the door behind me and getting into my car. I speed out of the driveway and head towards the gym, my mind overclouded with thoughts of what she could be doing to Kiano.

***
I smirked as I made my way to where most of the men were, bending down to lift a dumbbell before I heard a whisper coming from behind me. I turned my neck to look at the person, irritated that Kiano didn't even glance in my direction.

I'm literally throwing all I have at him and yet he isn't noticing me!

I drop the dumbbells and release a fake cry of help, my eyes locking with Kiano's ones. They didn't look at me the way most guys here did. He had the bored afterglow in his eyes, making me curse silently.

He might actually make me break a sweat getting him.

"Excuse me," I called out to him, bending down ever so slightly when he turned to me. He hung his towel over his shoulder.

"Can I help you?"

Rude. "Well, I just wanted to ask if  you'd perhaps be a gentleman and help me with the weights?"

He scoffed, walking towards me. "There are lots of other guys around here," he says, gesturing to the place we stood. "Unless it's me you were targeting?"

"No, but," I giggling as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Between you and me, you're the one that looks capable around here."

I smile and walk towards him, swaying my hips in the process. I watch as his biceps flex when he drops the weights onto the mat with a soft thud.

"I hope I'm not a bother to you," I whisper softly, resting my hand on his arm. Damn my hormones, he's gifted. I imagine this arm around my waist as he lifts me up against the wall and-

"Don't touch me," he says, moving away from me. He swatted my hand like I had the plague.

I resist the urge to frown, playing it cool. I'll get you in my bed soon, Kiano. Just you wait.

"So what is it that you do?" I make some conversation as we sit on the workout stools and he shows me how to use the equipment I called him for.

"Medical professional," he says simply, making me smile because he's at least talking about himself. "When using the barbell, you have to hold it in a hook, like this, for a better grip. And then you squat slightly, paying attention to your form. The better your form, the better your-"

"Do you have a love interest?" I interrupt, no longer interested in how to use barbells. I watch him glance at me before putting the equipment down and standing up right. He looks down at me, sending shivers down my spine. Control yourself, Nadia.

"Like a girlfriend?" He asks with a smirk and I nod. "Not yet, why?"

Either Jane is someone he's just messing around with or he's available. Awesome. "I'm just curious as to why a hot, young man like you would be single."

He doesn't say anything as he attempts to walk back to his friend. I put my hand on his chest and he swats it away again.

"I'd love to get to know you better," I smile seductively, licking my lips to show him exactly what I mean.

He slowly comes to stand close to me. So close I can smell the sweat and masculine scent he has, and it's driving me insane already.

Lucky Jane. Always gets the good guys.

As if we weren't already too close, he steps closer to me again, crossing any ounce of personal boundaries we have. He stares right into my eyes, learning in ever so slowly and looking straight into my eyes. I bite my smile, thinking that this has been easy.

"I'm going to have to ask you to stay the fuck away from me, Jane and our baby. Is that clear?"