Chapter 1: The first creation

Izig-one's POV:
It has been six days since I last saw the commander. Ever since he received the "wisdom cubes" he requested, he disappeared into the workshop on the hilltop, leaving the life here meaningless as each day continued.
Now, as I stood in the office, the table standing solemnly in the dim sunlight of dusk, the nearby shelves housing the endless achievements he had racked up in the two week span of taking office, I took a picture of him from the table. Although the mystery of the man who conceived me still lay undusted, I already start to miss his smile. That day, I already saw his charisma, his smile lighting up my life, his eye......being the only one who saw me as a person, the only one who will keep me forever.
I hugged the portrait, tears streaming down my face, the desire for my commander gushing over me.

"Please......please come back...... I want to see your smile....."

??? POV:

      "Where...am I? No...what am I?" I only muttered to myself as I scanned the room, unable to move. I looked at my body, confused and nonchalant, only to see that only my upper body remained, the bottom of my torso currently being nothing but a mess of wires and components, even one of my hand was not completely finished. Yet, when I felt my own skin, it seemed full of blood, alive, so different from the wires which make me up.
      "Who created me?" I asked, once again looking at the high tech room, where welding equipment were laid messily on a table in a corner, the walls covered in blueprints for so many projects as I hung from a mess of robotic arms and hooks which were connected to the ceiling. The only window which lay unobstructed from the mass of blueprints let down a stream of sunlight into the room, the exterior behind it revealing nothing but a collection of buildings, the harbour near it hosting a collection of ships. Yet, out of everything that was shown outside the window, nothing could ever be as beautiful as the "Icarus" who lay before me.

His eyes.....oh his eyes were such a masterpiece. Although one was covered by a large bang, the other stood unobstructed, its kindness placed prominently on display as he slept peacefully at the foot of my display. His prominence so radiant and so charming, I wished I could just rip myself of that stand, and cover his arms all over my body, to long for his embrace. But, alas, my own muscles would not obey me, remaining still as the man before me lay so close, tantalisingly painful. Yet......as he lay exhausted on the floor, his face beautifully peaceful, I could not help myself, but take sanctuary in his beauty, even if it might never be possible for me to see him tomorrow.

"For just a bit longer, don't wake up yet......"

Izigna's POV:

In all honesty, I never expected for the shipgirl concept to be successful. I mean, sure, the sacrifice for predictability for higher versatility would pay off in the long run, but i never expected for them to develop perfect human personalities, for them to become literal human-ship hybrids. Izig-one was one such example. For a first prototype, she was already capable of being near indistinguishable from a human, if not for the ship appendages near her waist. Now, as I was given the wisdom cubes, i can finally use Izig-one as a basis to create a much more specialised version of her, more suited for protection than offense.

Oh wait, I should have explained what wisdom cubes are.

Made from special ores found under the pacific, Wisdom cubes possess a rather unique property that it is capable of suspension, meaning that anything attached to it will be suspended near it, never straying any further than that. But there still lied one hidden X-factor among all this, their ability to change the organic and inorganic, to basically allow us to programme a conscience, changing machinery into organs and metal to skin. Izig-one's concept was design around this, after i figured out how the wisdom cubes worked. However, I never expected for its abilities to be that effective, only kicking in after about a month or two.