Ch 2:Birth Of Muhammad (PBUH)

*MUHAMMAD'S  ANCESTRY*

Muhammad's father ,Abdullah, was a full brother of az-Zubayr and Abu-Talib.Like the rest of the family he was engaged in trade in Syria.He died at comparatively early age at Medina on his way back from trading expedition to Gaza.This probably happened shortly before the birth of Muhammad.

Muhammad's mother was Aminah bint Wahb of the clan of Zuhrah of Quraysh;her mother was of the clan of Abd ad-Dar and her maternal grandmother of that of Asad.Thus Muhammad was connected with several of the principle families of Mecca.

Muhammad was the son of Abdullah ,son of Abd al-Muttalib,son of Hashim,son of Abd Manaf,son of Qusayy,son of Kilab and so on.Qusayy was the effective ruler of Mecca during his lifetime,and his descendants inherited much of his power,although gradually it became divided as their numbers increased.

     *MUHAMMAD'S BIRTH AND EARLY LIFE*

Muhammad was born in the Year of the Elephant,the year of Abraham's unsuccessful expedition against Mecca.This is usually held to be about A.D.570. He was probably a posthumous child,and was under the care of his grandfather Abd al-Muttalib.It was the custom in Mecca for upper classes to give their children to wet-nurses of the nomadic tribes,so that the children would grow in the healthy air of the desert and develop a strong constitution. This was done with Muhammad for two years or longer .His wet-nurse was Halimah,a woman of the clan Sa'd b.Bakr of the great tribe or tribal group of Hawazin.

Misfortune  was piled upon misfortune for the orphan. When he was six,his mother died, and two years later his grandfather.He was now under the charge of his uncle Abu Talib,and with him is said to have made a journey to Syria.The war of the Fijar took place when Muhammad was between fifteen and twenty,and he is said to have played a small part in the fighting at the side of his uncles.He was probably  also present at the formation of the Hilf al-Fudul,and in later years is said to have expressed approbation  of it ;its aim was to uphold principles of justice against the malpractices of the stronger and richer tribes,and that was an aim very close to certain aspects of Quranic teaching.

●●●●●●●●●●

So,plz comment and lemme know what u think?

VOTE!The next chappie is very interesting, miracles!