The fourteenth.

Kim Seokjin:

"Okay, Okay, okay! I am here and I am ready! Let's g-, oh! I'll grab your coat for you! Yes, I will totally do that!... right you already have it.. uhm.." Namjoon's rambling got more and more quiet, while he seemed to shrink, blush and rub his neck in top speed at the same time.

I was standing there, amusedly watching him, all ready and set to go, with my coat neatly laid over my arm.

I had my stuff packed up and my lips were moisturized.

Only Namjoon was missing. He was scattered all over the place, confused to an extent I've never seen anyone, while he tried to summon his best gentleman attitude.

Do I need to mention, that it wasn't working and he slowly was losing all his marbles?

His bag was still wide opened at his place, his hair was a mess, his coat probably chilling somewhere in nirvana.

It was actually kinda cute, seeing him trying so hard and failing so incredulously. It let my heart stutter and flutter and pick up its speed.

It was a weird feeling, emotions crashing over me like a wave, refreshing and drowning me at the same time.

Namjoon was now completely silent, occasionally rubbing his back while glancing up to me in anticipation every five seconds.

I just smiled at him, turned around and moved over to his desk.

"No!" He suddenly yelled, voice weirdly echoing from the, by now, empty office. "No! You can't go! You have agreed on this! I Promise I will get my shit together! Just don't leave!" He panicked.

And I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Joon! I am not leaving! The door is on your side. Now move your ass and make your promise come true. Help me clean up this mess. I am hungry!" I stated and ended up grinning. Probably looking like a fool.

Namjoon looked quite dumbstruck. His mouth was slightly agape, his eyes staring into nothingness, while his hands lifelessly fell on his sides.

"Of course hyung!" And in one snap, everything changed. His statue-like Position bursted into Life and brought back an even more cheerful, more happy Namjoon with those pretty sparkling eyes of his and those adorable dimples.

The moon sunk and the sun had risen once again.

Then he walked over to me, slightly jumping with every step he took, carelessly throwing his expensive pens into his case.

"Yah! Watch out for your tools!" I scolded, but he didn't stop while he grinned up to me, nodding a short "yes, hyung!" And dropped the next pencil on the floor.

"What did I just say?" I asked once again and received that sheepish, boyish smile.

"My tools are replaceable, my happiness isn't!" He casually stated, returning to carelessly throw his pencils in his bag.

"So.. your happiness consists of throwing and breaking your things?" By now I was utterly confused, that state of mind only increased as Joon halted in his movements, his head slowly wandered up and his gaze caught mine.

"No" he calmly stated, caging, trapping me in his dark, deep eyes.

"No, it is not. My happiness currently consists of spending time with you. I can't wait to take you out for food. Seriously hyung" and all of a sudden, he sounded so much more mature and appealing. It let shivers rise on my skin as I detected another fragment of his personality.

Another drop of the essence that built Kim Namjoon.

All of a sudden he wasn't some random childish boy anymore with adorable dimples, sparkling eyes and the urge to take me out on a date.

He transformed into a man. A man that was sure about his feelings and really felt something for me.

It was nerve wrecking.

It was an enlightenment of some sort.

It concluded into me seeing him in a total different light. Kim Namjoon possessed an almost devilish duality that had me captivated in its clutches.

And that made him so much more interesting.

Without me noticing, Joon finished up packing and grabbed his coat, casually throwing it over his shoulder.

As if he could read me, his low chuckle invaded my mind "Don't space out, hyung. Focus on me".

And all casually, he reached out for my hand,  while walking past me, pulling me alongside him on the path that laid ahead of us.

Strange, unexplored, wild. An adventure.

And even if I caught up to him and our steps matched together, feet thumping in the same rhythm joining into the beat of a song that had the potential to become my favourite one, he didn't let go of my hand.

And I was glad of that. Warmth spread from his fingertips and palms into mine, transferring something that I couldn't quite grasp, I couldn't describe.

All I knew was that I felt safe and that I really liked the feeling.

My eyes were stuck on our linked hands, but I felt a gaze burning on my face, so I slowly looked up, just to be met by Namjoon's eyes, observing me carefully, as if he tried to enforce every single one of my features into his memory.

He stared.

But it didn't feel weird. Not at all.

As he realized that I caught him, his eyes started to sparkle and a new smile lit up his features while his big, slightly rough hand squeezed mine.

He didn't blush. Instead I did. And I couldn't quite decypher why I was feeling so shy all of a sudden, even if I caught him staring at me.

Maybe it was the presence or his aura. Maybe I was still enchanted by his sudden maturity.

That got slightly blown away by the fact, that he started to swing our arms back and forth, still refusing to let my hand go, as we walked down the hallways, disregarding the elevator and taking the endless set of stairs.

As I shot a questioning look in his direction, he just shrugged and kept on swinging our arms back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. while we took step after step, step after step, down, down, down.

As we already had reached the third floor, his voice suddenly piped up out of the blue.

"It's because I like walking next to you while holding your hand"

And then he fell into that mysterious yet comfortable silence again that seemed to surround him at times.

It was a somewhat questionable explanation, but I accepted it with cheeks tinted reddish and lips stretched into a tiny smile.

For some weird reason, Namjoon knew how to pull the strings to my heart.