27 | p a t h e t i c

I forgot your face today

Not like that, I didn't entirely forget you. I just forgot my favorite memories of you. Your eyes crinkling when someone said or did something funny. The way you let your head back to laugh. When you do that, I feel like it's the sign of you truly being happy.

I forgot all of that. And I panicked.

It was today in English class, which was super boring. All I did was to stare at my computer doing something I shouldn't, anyway. Paying attention in class is so hard. I decided to stop and so I shut the computer off because I didn't have anything else to do and decided to try and pay attention to the class.

While attempting to listen to what the teacher was saying, my mind went somewhere else. I don't know how I came to think of you, because I hadn't really dwelled on you too much lately. Yes, I thought a lot about you, but again, I didn't overthink it. At least not before today.

The pain was unbearable. I felt like I was dying.

I'm being rather funny because I'm just a sixteen-year-old girl who's trying to find love somewhere. Even if I'm a Muslim who wears a scarf on my head heavier than the backpack I carry on my back. How corny of me.

I think I want to die sometimes.

Even so, I panicked. Before I could do anything else (as pathetic as it might sound) I opened my laptop and clicked onto Facebook. I didn't have to search your name on the search bar, because you were already up on the top of my search history.

I scrolled to the pictures of you where people had wished you a happy birthday and they had added some silly picture of you as well. I was okay.

God, I miss you.

Yours truly.