Chapter Seven: Gaurds

וו

Monday Nov. 17 2014

These 4 boys are literally my guardian angels in black skinny jeans and white singlets. Over the past 10 weeks, they have mostly all given me their fair share of life saving. And I owe them. They have all been my bodyguards, and its funny how everybody thinks they're intimidation cuz they're oh maybe 6 foot each! Now you never see mere alone in the halls with a bloody body. I have Ashton intertwined in my left hand, Luke cautiously standing at my right, and Mikey and Calum standing in windows between me and Ashton, me and Luke. I'm the short little blonde smirking with textbooks in her hand.

"Where are your giraffe friends, you dumb blonde?" he asked with a piercing voice and intimidating green eyes.

"Just leave me and them alone! I know my father is a screwed up mess and he never listens but none of us have ever done anything to you, keep your distance Harry!" I yelled at the brunette.

"Its your own fault. I mean your overgrown bandana wasn't in our last class, last time I checked."

"Shut up, Liam." My voice cracked.

"You're faker than my excuse on being late to class everyday."

"I'm pretty sure I am you're fake excuse! What happened to the sweet, innocent, helpful Niall I met the first day at school?"

"Gone with the wind."

"And drowning in his own dip die," a voice said, The ringing in my ears was confusing my mind, but I opened my eyes to see a figure, and shut them again just to see Niall.

"Shh shh its just me Care, its just me," the same voice said, and my blurry eyes adjusted to not Niall, but Luke.

"Luke?"

"Yeah," he breathed. "C'mon, Care." he said and scooped me up into his arms and ran. Ran into the principal's office, my hands still buried in my face. I heard Luke mumbling to the health aid and the principal, and only when I perked up, did I hear exactly what I wanted to hear.

"How long has this been going on?"

"Ever since she moved in."

"When was that?"

"Since September."

"Is it always the same people?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"Harry Styles." I said, not conscious of the words flooding out of my mouth. "Liam Payne. Louis Tomilson. Zayn Malik. And Niall Horan." I stated. All six pairs of eyes were on me. "I would leave school at midday after they all got a shot at beating me up."

"And your parents wouldn't mind?"

"My mother is dead. Killed by my father. And alcoholic working double shots at a bar to keep me existing."

"Existing?"

"It wasn't living."

"Okay, well, thank you for informing us and I'm sorry it took so long."

"What's gonna happen?" Luke asked.

"Expelled, Each and every one of them. Or prison, because you're 17 and they're all over 18. That would be child abuse. We have no tolerance, just witnesses. Thank you, Luke Hemmings, and thank Ashton, Michael, and Calum for me, too."

"Sure thing." He said and started walking towards the door, me still in his arms.

"Oh, and Luke?" the principal asked.

"Yeah?"

"You can put the girl down, now."

"Oh. Yes sir." he said, Luke blushing mad and setting me on my feet. As soon as we walked out of the office, we started laughing like crazy.