Chapter Nine: New Girl, New Game

× • × •

It kills me seeing Ashton and Michael side by side, laughing like the friends they are, and walking over to them because Mikey is there, not because Ashton is. I can't keep lying to him, but they're both helping me get better. I don't want them to hate each other, but they're both so.. ugh!! I can't take it. I love then both so much, but I'm only in love with one...

They're tutoring me of all the classes im missing, though they're the ones that need help, and Ashton's the only one that gets it because it's old lessons to him. Who invented calculus anyway? I try to think of a time I wasn't shattered in more qays than one, but I cant. I just cant..

After a couple months, I eventually get better, but I'm still fragile as hell. They are more protective than ever, because they know I'm a target for bad luck. They turn around for a second and I'm this close to dying. Ashton's grip on my hand has never been tighter, and sometimes I think it'll break him. If I don't die today, I'll die tomorrow..

  As I walk around the school with my protective shield of 6 foot boys, I realize that I am not alone. Coming our way is another shield consisting of twice as many people, but half the size, and they are the most popular boys in school.

They are surrounding a girl about the same height as me, a little shorter, with short curly brown hair and big brown eyes. I've never seen her before, and by the looks of my boys, neither have they. This was a new girl, who came to join a whole new fight.

She looked like a stuck up bitch at first sight, but then you noticed the tears streaming down her face as she stumbled to get away from the boys. She looked miserable and uncomfortable, and then 2 boys tried to touch her and she started kicking and shoving to get away.

"Stop! Please! Just get away!I recognized the 2 boys. They were Andrew and Anthony,  the twins in my math class. Also known as the most popular boys in school, and they were pushing the girl to her limits.

"Ay! Chester! I'm pretty sure she doesn't want you down there!" Ashton yelled from beside me. He let go of my hand and walked over to the girl, shoving them away. He knocked out some of them and the rest ran away. He stood protectively around her until his eyes met mine. He quickly lifted his eyes away and let his guard down before lifting the girl of her feet and over to us.

"Thank you. Thank you," she said sobbing into Ashton's shirt and clutching it as tight as her fingernails allowed. "They were terrible. Thank you." She looked up at Ashton, and then at me. And then at Mikey, in which I felt a pang of jealousy, and then at Calum. Finally. She scanned over Luke, and you can tell she liked what she saw. Luke looked at her, and then at me, and then looked down blushing.

"I'm Rosalie. Rosalie Esparza. You can call me Rosie," she looked at me but didn't break eye contact this time. Rosie. I saw my mother and her life flashing before my eyes. I saw how how my mother should've been, grateful that her life was saved and that everyone was alive instead, she died for me and I got an injured leg. Derek got of without a scratch, and it ended as a triple lose situation. I saw my mother in her eyes and her, and it became unbearable.

I started crying right there, in front of her. Mikey, who was on the other side of me now, caught me and I sobbed into his shirt. As much as I wanted to stay there in Mikey's arms, everyone was watching me. Besides, Ashton was beside me holding another girl in his arms, and not even sparing me a second glance. I thaught it would hurt more, but it didnt, cuz he felt the same.

"Mikey, Cal, take Caroline to class. Luke, let's take Rosie to class,"Ashton said. That's when I heard m heart shatter into a hundred million peices, and then mend immidiately after Mike put his hand on the small of my back. When I turned around, my heart got brushed seeing him do the same to Rosie.

I didn't know the new girl very well, but then somehow knew we would be great friends, even though she just walked away with my boyfriend.  But that's okay. Michael seems like he might like me, but that's too much to ask from him. I might as well be the luckiest girl in the world if Michael likes me back, but my hormones are too stupid for anybody.

Ashton's POV

Am I blind? Am I stupid? Am I deaf? Am I that bug of an asshole? Mikey just walked away with my girlfriend with his hand on her back and I just escorted the new girl to class while my girlfriend was crying. Am I stupid? Michael has a crush on Caroline! It's so obvious! I should be angry, but every time I look at Rosie, I'm not..

I had my next class with Rosie and I got to know her so much better. She loves All time low, Panic! At the Disco, and is even taking some singing classes. Her last boyfriend was a dude name Eiland who lives in Alabama, and judging from her past crushes, she has a type. A jock with blonde hair and blue eyes. Well it's a good thing Luke isn't a Jock,  but I don't think she seems to care..

Luke hasn't glance willingly at her once, in fact, I think he's trying to get away from her, but he likes Caroline, so the only one of us that won't die today is Calum, unless he's already hooking up with Rosie. My chances with her could be really good, but I feel like Caroline is dragging me. I still love her, though. Is that bad? Does that make me a whore?

Well, she's touched my hair about five times, and my head is on fire. She's like the opposite of Caroline in si many different ways, but I'm still falling on her the same way I did for Caroline. I wonder what she would think. It's only been a day, so only time will tell.

I don't feel Caroline and I as strongly as I did before. I might be been so in love with her that I gave her every single part of me on a silver platter, and I don't regret a second, but that's what makes it more confusing. I don't regret it, but I still want all this in the past. It's so hard and confusing and stressful to love twonpeople at the same time..

Calum POV

I don't know what's happening. Michael likes Caroline. Caroline likes Ashton. Ashton obviously likes Rosie. Rosie likes Luke. Luke likes Caroline. I'm such a loser. I'm like a weird akward 7 wheel of a car with not enough girls to go around.

Mikey's POV

Did Ashton just willingly give me Caroline and walk away with Rosie?

-----

(A/N) so so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating my tablet broke and u wasn't allowed the computer and I just got a new phone so I'm gonna be updating more often yay!! *Rosie please don't beat the crap out of me for saying you have a type but face it, you do. Eiland and his eyes are not an exeption.  Love youuuu*

(Maia Mitchell on the side)

-1D_FOREVZZZ