Chapter 29

Blayne's POV

"I have a plan." Alex says, while we are sitting in our living room. We decided it was best to come home last night and try to get some rest while we figure out what to do about helping Kadance.

"What are you thinking?" Jace questions him. Jace looks like awful with large bags under his eyes for not sleeping and his eyes are still blood shot.

"It's not a great plan, but it's something." Alex warns. "I was able to hack into the hospital patient database. They're checking Kadance out today instead of in two days from now. We can follow them."

"Huh? You mean literally follow them. Like we drive behind them? Are you crazy?" I say to Alex. "You're supposed to be the smart one."

"Her phone has been completely turned off. There's no other way to know where they're going. We never even learned Ryan's last name."

"Yeah, but won't they realize a car is following them?"

"Hopefully not, but that is also why we are talking three cars. We will take turns on which car is following them closely. The other two cars will hang back a way until it's their turn to be following closer."

"I'm up for it. It's not like anyone else has a better plan." Jace says.

"Fine." I groan. This plan doesn't seem good, but it's all that we got. "They'll be checking her out of the hospital soon. Whatever you need to bring with you, get it ready now. Alex and Jared will take Jared's car, Dylan and Kyle will take Kyle's truck, and I will ride with Jace in his car. Get what you need, and we meet at the hospital in an hour."

Kadance's POV

"Kadance. Kadance. Wake up." Ryan says slowly shaking me awake. "My mother and father are here to see you and check you out so we can go home."

I keep reminding myself that I am doing this for Mason and my friends. I must play along. Ryan's parent walk into the room and I try to politely greet them. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Castillo."

"Nonsense." Ryan's mother tells me. "Call me mom. After all you will soon being marring my son." The words coming from her mouth make me want vomit. I don't want to marry her son.

"Sorry." I reply to her.

"Kadance." Mr. Castillo says venom dripping from his voice. "I'm sure we will have no more trouble with you once we get you back home am I correct?" At least I won't under the same roof as that monster.

"There will be no problems with her, Father. Kadance has agreed that we will be a family once we get back home." Ryan tell his father instead of letting me respond. Ryan's parents give him a small nod and then walk out of the room to get my discharge paper.

The door burst open, "Kadance, it's been too long since I've seen you last." Jackson says as we walk into the hospital room. "Are you ready to go home today?" He gives me a hug like we're friends. We are not friends. He's just as much to blame for this as Ryan is.

"I guess." Yes, I want to go home, but my home isn't with Ryan.

"Great! Did Ryan tell you the good news?"

"Good new?" I look back in forth between the two.

"No, I haven't had the chance to tell her the new." Ryan says staring at Jackson. He then looks back at me, "Kadance, you know how I said we have our own home now?"

"Yes, I remember you mentioning it to me."

"Well, Jackson will be living with us too."

"Okay."