Chapter 23

Jace's POV

We arrive to the hospital and run to the receptionist.

"Hello. We are looking for Kadance... I mean Haley Jacobs."

"She's in surgery at the moment." The older lady responds with a sad smile. "If you like, you can go to the waiting room on the fifth floor and the doctor will speak with you with you when they are finish with her surgery."

I thank her and head up to the fifth floor with the guys following behind me.

Blayne's POV

This is all my fault. I should have just let her make a sandwich. I shouldn't have asked her to go to dinner with me. I shouldn't have left her alone last night. I thought she said he wouldn't harm her. I can't lose her.

"Are you okay?" Kyle ask me while handing me a coffee.

"Not really. This is my fault. The worst part of this is I think I'm falling for her. I can't lose her now."

"It's not your fault. It's sounds like she's been living this type of life style for a while. She's afraid to get attach to people because she's worried, they will get hurt. She took off because she cares not because she doesn't."

"I know, but that doesn't make it any easier. Plus, Jace is in love with her and I think Jared likes her too."

"I had that feeling too." Kyle says giving me a sad smile.

Jared's POV

"Is there any word on Haley Jacobs?" I ask the nurse at the counter. I'm pretty sure she's getting annoyed with me, but it's already been three hours and we still haven't heard anything.

"Sir, as I said before, once there is information the doctor will come and talk with you. I'm sorry, but you are just going to have to wait."

I walk back to my seat, and shortly a doctor comes out. "Haley Jacobs' family?"

"That's us." I yell as I run to him.

"I can talk about her condition in her room. Family only. Are any of you her family?" He asks.

"We are her cousins." Dylan says instantly. The doctor looks at us suspiciously, but then allows us to all follow him.

Blayne's POV

We follow the doctor into her room. She's asleep, but they have her connected to several machines.

"She's going to be fine." The doctor says. "She should wake up in a few hours. She has a broken leg and two of her ribs are also broken. It's a miracle she didn't have more damage done. By the looks of the vehicle, she shouldn't have made it. She will need to take it easy for a couple of months though." I do have a few more questions for you all, but I will let a nurse come and check on her first and then she can ask the questions."

The doctor walks out of the room and you can feel everyone relax a little knowing that she is going to be okay. We sit there in silence until a nurse walks in.

"Oh. Hello. I didn't expect to see so many people in here. Must be a lucky girl to have so many caring people here for her. I'm just going to check her vital and then I will have some questions to ask." She quickly checks Kadance's vital and then goes over her paper work before she starts asking us questions.

"Do you know if she is on any medications?"

"None that we know of." Jace responds

"Any health conditions?"

"Not that we know of." Jace says again to the nurse.

"Okay. I have one last question. How long ago was it that she had her c section and was the baby born alive?" We were all in shock with this question. I'm sure all of jaws where touching the ground.

" C- Section? W-What? B-Baby?" Jace stuttered.

"I thought y'all are her family. You don't know that she had a baby?" The nurse looks at us with a puzzled face.

"We are distance cousins." Dylan tell the nurse. How is he so good coming up with lies on the spot?

"Okay, I will be back in a little bit. She should be waking up in the next couple of hours." She says before walking out the door and leaving us.

The more I think about Kadance having a child it starts pissing me off. How come she has never mention having a child? What did she do, just get up and walk out on her child?

Jared's POV

She has a child? How come she never told us about her child? Could this have something to do with Ryan? Surely, Kadance wouldn't be the type to just run out on her child without a valid reason.

Breaking the silence, I ask Jace, "Did you know that she has a kid?"

He looks at me with hurt and sorrow in his eyes. "No. I guess I don't know who she is after all."

"Maybe something happened to her kid?" I say but it sounds more like a question. "If something happened to her kid, she probably wouldn't want to bring it up."

"Maybe." Jace says back, but you can tell he's hurt by the revelation.

Jace's POV

I knew she had secrets, but I really thought over the past few years we had become close. I would have thought she would have told me something important like that, but I guess I was wrong.

A silence falls over the room, and all you can hear is her heart monitor beating. I look at the guys. Each one of their faces show different emotions. Alex looks confused. Poor kid. Dylan is playing on his phone. He doesn't seem bothered by any of this mess. Jared looks like he's in deep thought while Blayne looks pissed off. Even though Blayne looks pissed off, I can see the tears that slowly roll down his cheeks. Kyle's eyes keep darting between Jared and Blayne like at any moment he knows one of them is going to explode.

"Maybe we should head to the cafeteria and get something to eat before she wakes up." I say to the guys.

"Y'all can go. I'm going to stay here." Blayne says as moves to the seat next to Kadance's hospital bed.

"Okay, do you want anything?"

"No."

We'll be back soon." I assure him. We head to the cafeteria to get something to eat so that we can get back to Kadance's room before she wakes up.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Thanks for reading!  If you have enjoyed my story so far please let me know by voting and leaving a comment, or not.  It's up to you.  ~ KJ<3