The Clueless Girl and The Fight or Flight

Start from the beginning

I left the knife in the man and walked out of the alleyway, taking my motorcycle, i went to the club. As i'd expected, it was crawling with members of the Viper gang. I made it to the door, the bouncers let him me in, the pungent scent of sweat in the air merged with the strong odor of alcohol immediately hit my nose. I ordered a drink, i'd need it. Leaning over the counter, i called over the bartender. "Where can i find Wayne?'' i asked and the bartender scoffed at me, i kept my expression neutral. "Who the fuck do i look like? How am i supposed to know who he is?" he responded, i finished my glass and stared at him nonchalant, i expected this. They always resisted until i got physical, looking around the room, i realized these drunken fools wouldn't stand a chance against me.

"Don't bother trying something with me, know whose territory you are in" the bartender threatened. I ignored him, i grabbed his collar and pulled him, so his upper half was pressed against the counter, whilst my other hand smashed the cup on the table and held the largest shard against the man's throat. "Reconsider" i stated.

"He's in the fucking VIP room" he answered and i immediately let go. I shoved through the crowd and found the place which was guarded by three Viper members.

Tan

"Ugh, i need to throw up, fuck" i exclaimed and i instantly curled over and hurled. I wiped my mouth with my shirt and stumbled down the pavement with Pete and Kiet following suit. "Taxi!" i called, flailing my hands up and down to get the attention of someone but it seemed they all ignored the drunken bunch. After another five minutes another Taxi passed me by and i ran after the car, "fuck you!" i swore before going back to my friends. Finally, a taxi stopped for us and we three jumped in, literally.

We got back to the dorms in one piece, thankfully, and we went our separate ways. I finally found my room; i fumbled with the keys for a good 10 minutes before making it into the room. I stumbled to my bed, collapsing onto it and falling asleep without a seconds delay.

When i opened my eyes, pain erupted in my head as i'd expected. I took some pills before taking a shower, once i was done; i finally realized why the room felt so empty. Rune wasn't here yet and it was already 12 in the afternoon. He was probably fine, right? He was probably... i really didn't know and i didn't want to assume the worst. Ergo, i shut my phone off to stop myself from calling Rune. I most definitely was not going to be the girl in this relationship or friendship, not that girls couldn't be the dominant one in a relationship.

I ended up in my late afternoon lecture shortly after and headed to the McDonald's down the road. Once i got there, i turned on my phone which was filled with missed calls from an unknown number, none of which were from Rune. I sighed before ordering some food. The unknown number called again, twice more, before i decided to answer, "quit spamming me! i'll block this number" i barked into the phone. "Tan" the person said, their tone low, almost like a whisper. "How the fuck do you know my name?" i questioned, "for fucks sake Tan, it's me Rune" he responded a little louder. I stopped breathing for a second, "where the fuck are you? And why are you whispering?" i said loudly, earning a couple of stares. "I'm dying" Rune answered, his words knocked the air right out of my chest. "What?!? Where the fuck are you? i'm coming" i yelled, "club arrow" Rune answered before the line went dead.

What the hell is club arrow? I could always rely on my trusty phone for this. I searched it up and found it, i ran out of the restaurant, forgetting all about my hunger. I called for an Uber and i was off.

The driver ended up stopping 5 minutes away from the club, by the time i got there it was already 7 pm. Why the hell was Rune this far? I leaped out of the car and ran to the club, where could he be? I dialed the same number Rune called from, "this line has been disconnec-". I managed to get entrance into the club and maneuvered through the club room that was already full, i recognized majority of the people in there as Viper gang members. I hated them, i didn't even want to think of what they'd done to him, to my...i forced back the painful thoughts and focused on my task. I went to the bartender, but stopped myself. For all i knew, these guys were the ones who were hurting my Rune. My Rune? What was i thinking? I traveled to the back and found only the VIP room, could Rune be there? There's only one way to find out.