𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 | so this is reality

trigger warning! mentions of self harm

MELISSA POV

I slowly walked into the room, feeling uneasy. To be honest, I don't know what to expect but I knew I had to visit her.

I saw her head buried in her hands and quiet sobs came out of her. She finally raised her head and stared at me with bloodshot eyes.

Her lips were slightly parted but she didn't say anything. I started to feel sick to my stomach. Did she not want to see me? Was it a mistake coming here to see her?

"That's not her" Billie choked out.

Pardon? What did she mean, I'm right there.

"Tell me that's not her. Don't lie to me! She's not here!"

I rush over to her and lovingly wrap my arms around her fragile body.

"shh, It's me Billie. I'm here" I whispered, hugging her tighter. Her quiet sobs became louder and she wrapped her arms around me, never letting me go. I felt small tears run down my cheek.

She looks so broken, so vulnerable. It's shocking how one single place could tear one person into pieces.

"Melissa.." I heard Billie mumble.

"mhm"

"Is it really you?"

I ran my fingers tenderly through her hair and replied. "Yes Billie. It is me"

She paused for a second. "I don't believe you"

"What?" her words confused me but she just let out a cute giggle and held me even tighter, making a smile creep onto my face.

Silence took over us, but it was replaced with small giggles from Billie and I. We didn't even know what we were laughing at. But in that moment, everything felt right.

"I really missed you Melissa" Billie sighed.

"I missed you too"

————

I sat next to Billie on the small bed and she rested her head on my shoulder. But it made me wonder why she was in this room.

"How did you end up here?" I asked out of curiosity. Something must've happened because I came to visit her in the medical room and not one of the actual rooms.

She just sighed and the room filled with silence.

"I did something stupid" she muttered.

I furrowed my eyebrows and she could tell that I didn't understand.

"What did you do?"

She responded by shaking her head. "But it's fine now. I'm fine now"

"Billie, I know you're not telling me something"

However, it all made sense when she showed me her arm.

Holy shit.